Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 2: Memorable Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

[WARNING SPOILERS]

Let’s dive right in, shall we?

This second episode is a preview of the fight that’s about to arrive at Winterfell’s doorstep in the next episode. The latter ended when the white walkers arrived in view of Winterfell as everyone prepared for battle. But what truly made this episode memorable in some ways were these scenes and characters:

1. Tormund

This ginger wildling has stolen our hearts with his effortless comedic ways and sense of humor. He talks and we laugh. But in this episode he exceeded even himself., from chasing after Brienne with those baby blue eyes to when he told the people around the fire how he got the name “Giantsbane” and then proceeding to drink what we can only deduce to be giant’s milk.

2. Sansa vs Daenerys pt.2

Thanks to advice given to her by Jorah Mormont, Dany goes to patch up things with Sansa, but ultimately they end up in square one. They were smiling whilst chatting, which can only be a good thing, right? Yeah well when you mention independence for one of the Seven Kingdoms Daenerys has dreamt of ruling since forever, it kinda sets the tone back to hostility.

3. ARYA AND GENDRY !!!!

Dear Lord. Not only do we ship, but we STAN. Arya asking the right questions in order to make sure homeboi is experienced… we  S T A N a thorough lil queen. Can we talk about that convo Robert and Ned had in the first season? Of course these weren’t the son and daughter they were talking about but daaaamn do we want to see this Baratheon-Stark ship sail all the way.

4. “The things we do for love”

Three-eyed-raven Bran bringing back them receipts, but keeping his mouth shut about Jaime being the one to push him out the windowcause he ain’t no snitch. Still savage af.

5. SER BRIENNE OF TARTH

First time I cried in this episode. Ever since she was a child, Brienne of Tarth had wanted to become a knight, but as she says in this episode, women couldn’t be knights because of tradition. But Ser Jaime Lannister, in all his whipped glory, knighted her and we all cried upon seeing her teary smile. SHE’S SO PURE I die.

I mean look at that pure smile. Melts my heart just right off.

6. Sansa and Theon reunion

Real talk, this was the second time I cried in this episode. The way they look at each other, the way they hug… God I never knew how much i loved them together until this emotional reunion.

7. Titanic feels bro

How many of you got Titanic flashbacks upon watching this frame?? Because I did and it broke my heart because we all know how it ended in the movie.

8. GHOST

After seasons without this beloved Direwolf, fans got excited to see him back on the screen, even if it that screen time lasted about 5 seconds.

9. Lady Lyanna Mormont

Lyanna will not die. Lyanna will not die. Lyanna will not die. Little Lady wants to fight like the true warrior she is, but she will NOT die. I refuse to believe she will.

10. Dany and Jon

“My name… My real name, is Aegon Targaryen.” Ah sh*t boi. Dany did not take those news lightly. We may even fear that her obsession with the Iron Throne will drive her to do something to Jon. If Daenerys kills Jon there will be hell to pay. Guaranteed.

The battle of Winterfell starts at the beginning of the next episode and we are not ready! So many tears will be shed. Many of our beloved characters will die.

English Lit major at UPRM
B.A. in Political Sciences from the University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez, currently pursuing an M.A. in Journalism at the Río Piedras campus. Fan of pop culture, media analysis, and Taylor Swift.