The Foodiegiette Logbook: Coffee & Sweets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

What can be the perfect fusion for a nice, full of flavor, warm latte? Sweets and treats, of course. If you are one of those coffee lovers, who like to have their cake and eat it too, then Clara’s is the right place for you.

Just an 8-minute drive away from campus, Clara’s coffee, eats & treats offers every customer a warm treatment and mellow atmosphere. This place is perfect for those Saturday study breaks, and also to sit down and catch up with those friends you haven’t talked to since the semester started.

The peculiar aspect of this bakery/coffee shop is that their baked goods are made daily and they have something different for each day of the week; Clara’s posts daily on its Facebook page to let customers know what they have in-store.

I stopped by during October, and look what I bumped into; a rich, creamy and overall exquisite chocolate cupcake with a Lindt truffle filling and a marshmallow ghost.  Clara’s staff will surprise you every chance they have with their amazing baked goods and coffee drinks that truly are to die for. Now you know, be sure to stay in touch with Clara’s Facebook page where they post the menu for each day. Invite a friend or go by yourself, everyone will come out well-pleased, guaranteed. 

Mónica Ocasio is a senior majoring in comparative literature, with a minor in Italian at the University of Puerto Rico- Mayagüez. Born, raised and living in Puerto Rico, Mónica has always enjoyed reading a good book, spending time with her family and baking.