Campus Cutie: Hot Papi Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Brisk, bulky and blonde, Jaime de Sepulveda has got that beach-bum-esque charm down to a science. At a glance, he’s all biceps and tank tops with a playful half smile, but when he speaks, his words drip with adventure. Exuding confidence and charisma, his thoughts are cultured in a way only travel can inspire. He knows the streets of Amsterdam nearly as well as Puerto Rico’s secret surf spots, but don’t think he’ll be so quick to reveal all his cards. He keeps his better half hidden, and even then, Jaime has a way of making you feel like you’re the only girl in the world.

Name: Jaime de Sepulveda

Age: 23

Residence: Aguadilla, PR

Major: Psychology

Relationship Status: Sorry ladies, taken! I met my girlfriend three years ago while I was studying in CORA. I liked her style. She seemed laidback.

V: Sounds like she complements you well, you seem pretty chill yourself.

J: Yeah, I guess I’m more adventurous though. I like to surf, snorkel, kayak, spearfish…

V: Cool! What’s your favorite beach?

J: Definitely Wilderness in Rincon. It’s a trek to get there – you need a four-wheel drive vehicle si o si – but the waves are worth it, especially at sunrise when it’s still hazy out. The sunlight hits the morning mist and everything glistens. It’s surreal.

V: You mentioned previously studying in CORA. What brings you to Mayagüez?

J: I used to be a bio major, but I wasn’t really taking my classes seriously. I took some psychology courses and became captivated by Freudian theory and dream analysis, but CORA doesn’t offer psychology as a major. When my daughter was born, I decided it was time to make a change for the best, so I switched majors and transferred here.

V: Wow, she really grounded you, huh?

J: Yeah, but I don’t regret it for a second. She helped me get serious about what I want to do and where I want to go in life. I don’t like to talk about her much, just because she’s so special to me. When you love someone that much, you don’t share them with the world. You don’t upload their every move. You keep them safe.

Valentina Pinci is a fourth year Psychology student at the University of Puerto Rico in Mayagüez.
Her Campus at UPRM