CAAMpus Cutie: Wilmarys Ramos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Full Name: Wilmarys Ramos Menéndez

Age: 21

Major: Physical Education 

Year of Study: Third

Hometown: Cabo Rojo

Realtionship Status: Single

Zodiac sign: Taurus

They say that ‘del amor al odio hay un paso.’ This is exactly what happened to this week’s CAAMpus Cutie, Wilmarys Ramos Menéndez, whose passion for volleyball began in an a typical way, “The first time I played I didn’t liked it at all, but now it was become one of the most important parts of my life.” She started playing at sixteen, and now twenty-one she is part of the ‘Juanas’  UPRM volleyball team, who are undefeated so far this season. “I am confident that we have what it takes to bring the gold home.” she says about her team’s performance.

As a result of her passion for volleyball she is majoring in physical education, and aspires to become a sport psychologist, yet she also embraces the idea of teaching. Ten years from now she sees herself settled professionally and with a family of her own. As for what she aims for on a special someone, she specified “I appreciate someone independent, yet caring. Someone willing to stand for what they believe in and most importantly someone that is able to bring out the best in me.” 

This cutie loves to travel, whether it involves is internal tourism or stamping her passport. In 2011 she went to Panama as part of the volleyball team that represented Puerto Rico at the III Juegos Deportivos Escolares Centroamericanos y del Caribe. Last summer she went to Spain with her best friend and visited Asturias and Gijón, where she fell in love with the Spanish culture, food and laid-back lifestyle. 

Wilmarys plays the guitar and the piano. She also loves dogs and the beach, and living on the edge of adventure. 

Former Chief Editor and Campus Correspondent at the Her Campus UPRM chapter of the University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez. Writing in NYC, living the dream.