CAAMpus Cutie: Andrea Paola Caro, A Fearsome Thing to Behold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

It is hard for the eye to miss this trendy showstopper walking around campus. Meet this week’s CAAMpus Cutie, Andrea Paola Caro, an aspiring biologist with an eye for fashion and a passion for art.

Name: Andrea Paola Caro Muñiz

Age: 19

Hometown: Rincón, P.R.

Major: Biology

Relationship Status: Single

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

Reading, baking, visiting museums and art galleries, going to the beach, and watching way too many TV shows.

What is one thing most people don’t know about you?

I am an art’s history aficionado. I used to keep it very hidden, but now I’m too much of a fan to hide it. I adore the universality of it. If I’m not raving about the Pre-Raphaelites or the Impressionists, something is definitely up.

Do you have any favorite piece(s)? And if so, have you traveled anywhere to be able to see it/them?

-My favorite piece at the moment is Lehon from Montparnasse, Brittany (1853), a painting by Thomas Seddon currently in the Ponce Museum of Art’s permanent collection. It’s a stunning landscape that I just can’t get enough of. I also love (René) Magritte and (Gustav) Klimt’s work. Although I’ve seen a number of Klimt’s pieces, I’d really love to see his permanent collection in Vienna.

What do you aspire to become after you graduate?

I’d like to become a doctor, hopefully specialized in radiology.

Who do you consider to be the greatest influence in your life?

I don’t want to discredit my father’s love and hard work (he has gone above and beyond for me), but I’d have to say my mom. My mother has been the handkerchief I’ve used to wipe my tears with, the trophy I’ve held in my hands whenever I’ve won something, and even the teddy bear that helped me sleep at night. I’ve never met anyone as self-sacrificing and humble as she. No amount of gratitude will be enough to repay her for all the knowledge and values she has provided me with.

What do you see yourself doing in 20 years?

Hopefully, by then I’ll be a respected professional off traveling the world with a beautiful family in tow. That’s the dream.

What qualities/characteristics must a guy possess for you to be interested in him?

He should be clever, well-mannered, faithful, and a man with values. Bonus points if he’s handsome!

In a sentence, how would you describe yourself?

“A fearsome thing to behold.” –Taken from Jane Austin’s ‘Pride & Prejudice’

Fabiola del Valle is 22 y/o English Lit. major studying at UPRM. She currently holds the position of Campus Correspondent and karaoke queen.
Her Campus at UPRM