Box of surprises: Alejandro Talavera

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Alejandro Talavera is a fun, outgoing, loving, band let’s not forget, handsome freshman student. He is focused in school, but won’t miss any hangout. He’s like a box of surprises because besides studying Physics, being a lifeguard, and playing soccer, he plays guitar. Keep reading and check out all of his preferences; he’ll definitely suprise you, collegiette. 

Name: Alejandro Talavera

Year: Freshman

Age: 18

Major: Physics

Hometown: San Juan

Single or taken? Single as f*ck. 

Describe yourself in 3 words: Fun, Outgoing, and Loving. 

Celebrity crush: Kate Upton

Blondes or brunettes? Depends.

Hobbies: I’m a lifeguard and I love going to the beach.

Instagram or Twitter? Twitter

Hot or cold? Hot

Favorite spot in UPRM: The Mangual Colisseum

Favorite food: Sushi

Role model: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Professional Soccer Player) 

Do you practice any sport?I’ve played soccer for a long time.

What are 5 things that you always have in your backpack?Sunglasses, spare change, jacket, mints, and my wallet.

Ideal date: Staying up all night on the beach watching the night sky and the sunrise.

Until now, what’s the most you like about Mayagüez? People are so chill and the hangout spots are crazy; I just love the constant postive vibes. 

What’s the thing you miss the most from home?I would say my mom and the rest of my family.

How are you dealing with the heat in Mayagüez?Really comfortable clothes, shorts, t- shirts, thats basically it.

As a freshman, whats the hardest thing you’ve experienced in UPRM? So far everything’s been good, even though the walking in the heating sun is exhausting.

How do you plan in balancing school, and going out? I plan to go out, but basically just studying ahead of time and organizing myself with the dates for tests and projects.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?Starting my career as a Oncologist, treating patients going through cancer. 

UPRM girls are better because…They are the most beautiful girls in all of PR and they’re so chill about everything; it’s perfect.

A trilingual and cheerful student that has a passion for justice. 20 year old, majoring in Psychology and minoring in International Relations, future law student. Born in Puerto Rico.
Her Campus at UPRM