This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

One of the best things about our childhood was getting permission to watch the telenovelas that all your friends were watching. You would glue yourself in front of the TV every single day without missing a beat; then you would go to your parents’ car and hear the theme song from your favorite telenovela, and  sing along to it on your way to school. And if you’re anything like me, then you probably remember the iconic songs that all the telenovelas had. Here are some of the best songs from the telenovelas of our childhood that will have you wanting to buy the CDs and Google the telenovelas for a binge-watch.

1. Azul Como el Cielo  -Amy la Niña de la Mochila Azul

This song had you begging your mother for a blue backpack and a trip to the beach.

2. Caminos de Luz – Amy la Nina de la Mochila Azul

This was such an emotional song for such a young girl. It is amazing on all aspects, how can there be so much emotion in a kids’ telenovela?

3. Chiquita Pero Picosa – Amy la Nina de la Mochila Azul

A BOP! This song had you singing along with your best friends after school when you would all have a playdate, taking the mops, and using them as hair (ewww not sanitary), and having a blast.

4. Rebelde – RBD

Just thinking about this intro gets my heart racing. As a child listening to this was the ultimate form of rebelling and being a grown up. Short skirts, untucked blouse and loose ties? THE SCANDAL!

5. Besame Sin Miedo – RBD

Daydreaming about that amazing first kiss you will have later, when guys aren’t so gross, was all I could think about when listening to this.The music video also gave me high expectations to what high school trips would be like, all fun and games and no strictness.

6. Ser o Parecer – RBD

Listening to this song gave all of us the dream of becoming famous singers and tour the world. Seeing the music video made me feel like the coolest person ever. Graphic eyes? YES PLEASE! And those close-ups? BRILLIANT.

7. Inalcanzable – RBD

Another love song that had us crying before having ever been in a relationship or even knowing what love was. A long distance relationship never works, Rebelde taught us that.

8. Complices al Rescate – Complices al Rescate

Coming home from school thinking you weren’t going to beat this opening song was the biggest struggle of the time. When traffic got really bad and you missed it, the rest of the day felt incomplete.

9. El Baile del Sapito – Complices al Rescate

Learning the steps to this song’s dance was pivotal in our motor skills growing up. This was such a great song to laugh out with and share with your friends while putting on a show.

10. Amigos por Siempre – Amigos X Siempre

Looking at your friend when this song would play to let everyone know they were your best friend was the real test of friendship.

11. Si Me Besas – Lola Erase Una Vez

This was one of the songs you’d listen to in your CD player and jam out to it in private while thinking about you crush and how you would let them know you liked them.

12. Masoquismo –  Lola Erase una Vez

This is what you would listen to for a week straight after you decided to let your crush know how you felt and realizing they didn’t like you back. Seeing them happy while you are all alone crying because you had no one to play with at lunch time.

13. Alegrijes y Rebujos – Alegrijes y Rebujos

Listening to this song and trying to decipher all the words with friends was so fun. In the end, all you could do was sing nonsense because the tune was too catchy.

UPRM Linguistics Major Italian minor 5th year undergraduate Translator in the making
English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM.