This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

It’s that time of the year again, the famous Oscar Sunday! To commemorate last night’s wins, here are some of the best moments.  

Sam Rockwell winning best supporting actor for his breathtaking performance in 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

When Lakeith Stanfield ran on stage yelling “get out!”

Gal Gadot and her dress. ‘Nough said.

The presenter for costume design, Eva Marie Saint, and her legacy as an actress.

The stage! Just wow. I’m always mesmerized by the artistry of this set design.

Best quote of the night by Roger Ebert: “Movies are like a machine that generate empathy.”

Lupita Nyong’o and Kumail Nanjiani presentation, “To all dreamers out there, we stand with you.”

When Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez won best original song: “Representation Matters.”

Sufjan Steven’s performance of “Mystery of Love” from Call Me by Your Name.

When the Oscars made a visit to a movie theater. Didn’t we all wish we were casually sitting at a movie theater in Hollywood at that particular moment?

The speech from Rachel Shenton of Silent Child and the awareness raised towards the hearing impaired.

Andra Day and Common’s performance for “Stand Up for Something” from Marshall. Just breathtaking.

When the Puerto Rican flag was waved on the stage of the Oscars during the “Stand Up for Something” performance!!

Keala Settle’s performing “This is Me” from The Greatest Showman. It left us all with our hairs on end.

Frances McDormand’s winning speech and the moment she made all the women in the audience stand up. This woman is just incredible.

This year, the whole ceremony felt like a celebration for diversity, the different perspectives that make up the human experience, and the way art plays a huge role in making us human. Here’s to standing up for what we believe in, fighting for equality, being ourselves, and making our dreams come true!

Undergraduate psychology major with a passion for art. Loves traveling and spreading her creative spirit!
English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM.