This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Our team shares some of our favorite parts about this past April. 

1. EOS

I am always looking for new products and especially for lip balms because I always want them to be hydrated. However, I bought this lip balm that everybody talked about called EOS and I can now guarantee you it’s awesome. First of all, the lip balm being in a shape of an egg makes it cool and you can choose your own flavor such as, blueberry acai, summer fruit and many more. Second, it’s 100% natural, paraben and petrolatum free. Also, it has antioxidant rich in vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil. In the past I had recommended other lip balms, but this one definitely has top my list because the smoothness my lips get is wonderful. 

Recommended by Juvell Burris

2. Sensationail Fuse Gelnamel Starter Kit

This product combines the best of polish and gel all in one.  It’s very easy to use: just buff your nail, cleanse (with the cleansing liquid which comes in the starter kit) and fuse! There is practically no drying time thanks to the megawatt mini LED lamp which cures each nail in 30 seconds flat. Since it has the staying power of a gel polish, you can expect your manicure to last about two weeks.  The best part is that it is powered by a USB cable which can be plugged into your laptop!  Do I hear study break? The only downside to this product is that there aren’t many color options available since most drugstores only carry approximately 4-6 colors. Plus side: it’s moderately priced at $29.99 compared to other gel polish starter kits.

Recommended by Marilyn Pérez 

3. ThoughtCatalog.com

Thought Catalog is an online magazine that publishes creative and artsy articles on a variety of themes.  From poetry to stories to essays, this web page really does have all your literary heart could desire. You can even submit stories of your own, and could possibly get them published online. It’s the perfect website to visit when you’re taking a break from studying and feel the urge to procrastinate. Be sure to check them out.

Recommended by Adriana Colom

4. Ina Garten’s Brownie Pudding

This is by far the best chocolate recipe I’ve tried…ever. I know Ina Garten’s recipes often call for exotic ingredients like Madagascar vanilla or anything along that line; but this recipe has very few simple ingredients. You wouldn’t even believe the flavors you get with just the six ingredients of this chocolaty heaven. It is a very easy recipe and definitely worth sharing along with friends or family.

Recommended by Mónica B. Ocasio Vega

5. PINK “Warm & Cozy” Body Mist

I’ve been using this splash ever since I discovered it and I certainly don’t regret it! It’s the best splash a girl could ever have… first of all it fits anywhere, it’s very refreshing and everybody will definitely compliment you because of the roasted vanilla scent it gives you. You can find it in any Victoria Secret store or online. The best part of this petite marvelous bottle is that it comes in eight different scents and it only costs $8.00. I totally recommend it to every girly collegiette in campus! 

Recommended by: Aurelie Cindy Arnould Jaouen

6.  Herbal Essences Smooth Collection 

Warning! May trigger insane flashbacks! I’ve been obsessed with this shampoo/ conditioner duo for a while now, but I used it like crazy this past month. They were popular during the late 90’s (and they were my favorite), but Herbal Essences stopped making them for a while. Fortunately, they were brought back to the market in 2013, with the same gorgeous vintage look and their cult classic scent. I love how they make my hair feel, and the smell is to die for! Good hair day, anyone? ;) 

Recommended by: Deborah Alvarez 

7. Shakey Graves

I NEVER thought I would like country music- never- but never say never collegiettes. I rapidly fell in love with the  folk sound of this eclectic musician from Austin, TX. His music is fresh yet comfortable, great to blast on my Ipod after a long day of back to back classes. Be sure to check out his EP that can be found free online. https://www.youtube.com/watch?…

Recommended by Laura M. Olivieri

Mónica Ocasio is a senior majoring in comparative literature, with a minor in Italian at the University of Puerto Rico- Mayagüez. Born, raised and living in Puerto Rico, Mónica has always enjoyed reading a good book, spending time with her family and baking.
Her Campus at UPRM