This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

It ‘s time! 

Finally, the best season is here and you have to look Santastic. 

While other households are singing along to Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande like cheap singers-for-hire, it’s time for you to start thinking about what you’re going to wear for Christmas.  Take a look at your clothes based on the colors and fabrics that would make you look like a bundle of sparkles, gifts, and happiness, as we’ve seen in 2023-2024 Christmas fashion trends. 

1. I don’t want a lot for Christmas, there’s just ONE thing I need… SPARKLE.

What’s Christmas without a good touch of glitter? Clothes with sparking fabric have been the vibe this year and the perfect season to use a piece like that is in Christmas. They’re two sparkly fabrics that have ”Christmas” written on them and those are paillettes and sequin fabric. 

• Paillettes is the most popular fabric in the election of clothing for festive occasions. This type of fabric is well-known for its sparks and its “two faces” because (in some pieces) it is reversible and contains different colors in both faces. 
  • Sequin fabric is less loud than paillettes however it is still glamorous. The benefits of wearing sequence is that it is more lightweight than paillettes; it is an easy and comfortable way to achieve your sparkly queen look. 

2. What a bright time, it’s the right time to… use a red dress. 

You could never go wrong with red because red is the immediate Christmas color. It’s on Santa, on decorations, on the elf and is the most used color in gift paper. You can use a red shirt, skirt, shoes or even red accessories but a red dress does something that they cannot do: shows your seductive, festive and elegant side. It’s the complete package! That’s why Kate Middleton, Princess of Wales, reused her red dress from January 2022. 

3. Feeling Christmas all around and black is necessary. 

Christmas parties are celebrated in the evening and black is the key that would never fail in Christmas Eve and the New Year’s celebration that follows. 

Dark and dark, it would be bad?

People argue that black is an absolute no-no for Christmas night events because it will not stand out in the night since night is black, well… depends. Black is an elegant color if you use it the correct way. Here is some of ways that you should consider when using black in this holidays:

• Choose a fabric: some of the recommended black fabrics for Christmas are velvet fabric, sequence fabric, Paillettes fabric, satin fabric and, if you want a relaxed and elegant look you should go for chiffon fabric. Also, avoiding leather or any latex black fabric will make your glam dreams come true. 
  • Pair it with some jewelry depending on your color preference or the color that suits you the most, make it sparkly: It is important to consider the type of neck of your clothes, for example, if you have an asymmetrical neck, don’t use a necklace instead, focus on your earrings. 

Extra:

• Black and weather: This is a personal preference. Think about how cold or hot you could be if you wore black. For example, in Puerto Rico it tends to get a little bit chilly but on the other hand, the weather can change and Christmas Eve can turn hot so long sleeves, turtlenecks and a lot of black are not recommended. 

Christmas already knocks at the door, open it! It is guaranteed that you will look wholesome at all Christmas parties. With the perfect sequin or paillettes fabric, with the enchanting red dress, or a good touch of black you would be the look of the year. Now that you know, spend your fashionable Christmas and New Year.

Welcoming everyone! I’m Michelle González Jiménez and I'm studying Politics Sciences to become a lawyer. I'm a sub-graduate student who comes from Eugenio Maria de Hostos High School. In this high school, I spent five of the most significant and crucial years of my life. I learned how the fall but also how to get up again. One thing I will never forget is when one teacher told me: “You can get more than this, just try.” After that, my life got progressively better. My interests are fashion, modeling, corporal language, expressing my feelings through writing, and how mental health influences our daily basis. Talking about them a little bit, I started getting interested in fashion in 2019 and have been helping with styling since then. Modeling is a recent thing for me. I started modeling on May 8, 2022 and graduated on July 29, 2023. Now I'm a certificated active model on my way to teaching modeling. One thing about me is that I'm multifaceted. I like something at first sight, I'm going to work to get to know it and then get better. That's what's happening with learning corporal language, writing, and mental health topics. I love the idea that we have the capacity to learn something new when we want. That's why I have the intention of doing a minor in psychology. My mission as a writer of Her Campus is to show the soft side of us, the human one. I want to show the world that we can be vulnerable and that that’s okay but we don't have to stay forever in the same position, we need to keep going. I'm willing to show the world my techniques and progression steps to inspire the readers to follow me and let them know that life could be short but happiness is over all things and is everywhere.