samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

9 Must-Haves For Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Ladies, it’s officially upon us. The most dreaded week of the semester, finals week. Here’s our list of must-haves in order to make it as smooth a ride as possible. Happy studies! 

1. Healthy Snacks

When you’re hitting the books, eating isn’t always a priority.  Even though you may be tempted to go through your nearest fast food drive-thru, it may not be the best idea. Your brain needs clean fuel, especially if you’re going to be studying a lot. Aim for whole grains, proteins and healthy sugars. My personal favorite? Apple slices with almond butter, or hummus with veggies.

This Rawsome Vegan Life

2. Refillable Water Bottle

Same concept here, you need to stay hydrated during long study hours. Remind yourself to drink half your body weight in ounces by carrying a cute water bottle.

VS Pink

3. Index Cards, Highlighters, and Colored Pens

We all know studying for long hours can be tedious. Make it a little less monotonous and a bit more colorful by using pens, highlighters and index cards to color code. Plus, if you’re a visual learner, using different colors can even help you remember better.

Staples

4. Big Tote Bag

You need something to haul all your study materials to the library in! What better than a giant tote bag? Just toss your things in and go. 

Nasty Gal

5. Coffee and/or Tea

This ones a no brainer, right? We all need a little pick me up at some point during finals. I love green tea, because the caffeine helps me concentrate, and I feel good about all the other health benefits it offers. Reward yourself after a long study session with a big iced caramel latte! 

Taylor Takes a Taste

6. Mints

When I’m falling asleep and can’t get coffee immediately, a strong mint will usually do the trick. I keep a tin of mints in my bag, and whenever I feel like passing out, I pop one in my mouth. The minty cold jolts me up right away.

Altoids

7. Yoga Pants

Whether exercise helps you relax and concentrate better, or you just want a comfortable yet socially acceptable outfit, yoga pants and finals week go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Aerie

8. Headphones

I absolutely cannot study without headphones. If you have noisy roommates or want to study in a public place, headphones can block all noise out and help you concentrate. If you cant study while listening to music, I recommend downloading an app like Sleep Pillow. White noise can help some people fall asleep, but it also does a great job at blocking out distracting noises.

Apple

9. Lavender Candle or Essential Oil

After long hours of studying, the best way to recover is by relaxing for a while. If the stress gets to you, lavender works wonders. This super herb is proven to wind down your nervous system (the culprit responsible for stress). My favorite way to incorporate lavender into my de-stressing routine is with a few drops of pure essential oil, but a nice lavender scented candle or bubble bath does the trick. Take a break, you deserve it!

Bath and Body Works

Deborah is a junior at the University of Puerto Rico at Mayagüez. She was born in Puerto Rico and raised on the other side of the world. Deborah is a self proclaimed beauty blogger and loves watching recipe videos and Full House reruns for hours at a time. You can probably find her making bento boxes or trying to be mysterious.
Her Campus at UPRM