This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Music can set the mood for any event or situation and having the right kind can alter your state of mind entirely. These playlists feature a variety of artists and songs that are sure to set the tone for any circumstance. You can find all these playlist on our Spotify so be sure to check that out!

1. Femme Rock

This playlist is made up of Rock songs sung by bands and artists that are female. These songs are great for when you want to headbang or scream along to some female empowerment. It’s got songs from Avril Lavigne’s “Girlfriend” to Halestorm’s “I Miss the Misery”.

2. Workout Mix

Working out could always use a good motivator. This playlist has fast-paced songs to get you warmed up and keep you motivated throughout your entire work out. Almost two hours to get you through any workout from pure cardio to weights with songs like “Break a Sweat” by Becky G and 5 Seconds of Summer’s “Youngblood”.

3. Late Night Jangueo

Get the mood going even before the jangueo with this playlist. From Bad Bunny to Maluma to Luis Fonsi, this playlist is sure to start your jangueo off right!

4. Morning Motivation

Morning can be a pain but listening to uplifting songs while you get ready or during your commute can help you start off your morning with a little less stress. In the playlist, you can find songs like Demi Lovato’s “Confident” and ABBA’s “Dancing Queen” to keep you singing along all morning!

5. Chill Study Jams

Concentrating while studying can be difficult but some people find music helps them keep studying effectively for hours. This playlist features instrumental music like Yiruma’s “River Flows You” as well as soft coffeehouse such as “Seaside” by Haux.

6. Sad Songs

Sometimes you just need a little sad music to vent your feelings or have a good cry. This playlist is perfect for just that. Whether you want songs about love or loss, you’ll find the right one in this playlist.

7. Spanish Faves

From trap to ballads to pop, this playlist has a great variety of music in Spanish that will have everyone singing along! From La Oreja de Van Gogh to La Quinta Estación to Marc Anthony this playlist is sure to please any fan of Spanish music.

Music is essential for setting the atmosphere for your life. These playlists will help you do that as well as hopefully inspire you to broaden your music spectrum and discover new artists and songs!

English Major with minor in education and art, aspiring writer, foodie, cook, baker, vegetarian, animal lover, Netflixer and indie music enthusiast.
Fabiola del Valle is 22 y/o English Lit. major studying at UPRM. She currently holds the position of Campus Correspondent and karaoke queen.