6 Steps for Being on Time to Your Morning Class

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Have you ever been late to one of your morning classes? Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you can’t figure out why you’re being so late. Keep reading to find out what you can do to make it on time.

1. Leave your bag ready the night before

I know you’re probably thinking that you can do it in the morning because it doesn’t take much time, but we all know that a minute in our lives is worth gold. When you leave your bag all set you don’t have to worry about forgetting something.

2. Pick out your outfit the day before

You know that some days this is your downfall. At least have an idea of what you’re going to wear the next day. This saves a lot of time because you can head straight to the shower without thinking about what you’re going to wear. 

3. Do not hit snooze!

Try to wake up as soon as the alarm goes off even if you have to throw some ice-cold water on your face. When you hit snooze, chances are you’ll probably do it a second and third time after. If you fight the urge, you’ll save time and will not be stressed about being late. 

4. Control your social media usage

Nowadays, most people have smartphones opting to check their notifications as soon as they wake up. The problem is wasting valuable minutes glued to a screen, instead of preparing themselves. There’s always time later in the day to check all your notifications, but in the morning it can really put you at a disadvantage.

5. Take your coffee with you

I don’t know if I’m the only person in the planet who takes 15 minutes drinking coffee, but it can be a problem. The best option is to take it on the go. It saves you a few minutes and you can still savor every drop.

6. Get out of your apartment

Seriously, get out. Stop looking at yourself in the mirror , and changing your outfit (you look awesome).

As an English major with a love for anything written, Alexandra enjoys writing and reading almost anything. The beach is her escape though most days, she enjoys staying at home watching Netflix. She plans to become a lawyer or a journalist, but right now she is enjoying her college experience to the fullest!
Her Campus at UPRM