5 Situations Extremely Nice People Go Through

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

People say, “if you can’t find a nice person, be one,” but in these times it is kind of a challenge. Whether you try really hard to be nice to people who always challenge your patience, or you are just naturally too nice to people who might not deserve it, it is only a matter of time you go through one of these struggles.

1.        People constantly raining on your parade

Some people don’t seem to understand that having a positive outlook can really change your life. And even though being nice and positive don’t always go hand in hand, when it does it creates a kind of struggle against rude and negative people.

2.       If you are always nice to people, they think you like them

Just because I’m nice, considerate toward you or give you positive advice does not mean I am attracted to you. I am nice to EVERYONE; that’s my thing!

3.      You just can’t say no

Sometimes you feel the need to say no, but because you feel it might be rude you don’t. You just want to be helpful and good to people, therefore “no” is not an answer.

4.      People trying to take advantage of you

Just because you are nice does not mean you are a pushover. People need to understand the concept of boundaries.

5.      You are unable to say what you mean

Again, in the fear of being rude, you try to say things as nicely as possible, even if the person is horrible.

English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM. 
Claudia is a witchy English Literature and International Affairs major from La Parguera. She's worked in various on-campus projects, such as the MayaWest Writing Project and as a tutor at the English Writing Center. In addition, she's worked at Univision and has also been published in El Nuevo Día and El Post Antillano. When she doesn't have her nose in a book, you can find Claudia tweeting something snarky and pushing boundaries as a Beyoncé expert. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram, @clauuia.