5 Productivity Apps for the Busy Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

We all love Snapchat and Facebook; hell, we spend hours on these apps every day. Technology is meant to uncomplicate our lives, but it is hardly ever used with this purpose in mind. Wouldn’t you like to take full advantage of some of the apps outs there that will raise our productivity instead of decreasing it? If so, then these five apps are guaranteed to help you in times of need.

1.Genius Scan

Have you ever needed to scan a classmate’s notes or a book chapter and haven’t the time—or money—to run off to the library and use the photocopier machines? Genius Scan is a handy app that allows you to conveniently “scan” a text from your phone and convert it into a JPEG or PDF file. You can then send the PDF file to your email, save to your Photo gallery, or share on Facebook.                                                                                                                                            

2.OneDrive

We’ve all misplaced or forgotten to bring that important USB filled with assignments to school at some point during our college studies. OneDrive is your solution; it works as a sort of Dropbox for your PC. You can save any important documents on OneDrive and conveniently access them from your phone anytime you need to.

3. Microsoft Office

Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to use Microsoft Word or PowerPoint without carrying that heavy laptop in your book bag all day? With Microsoft Office, you can create and edit Word and PPT documents from the comfort of your smartphone or tablet.  

4. Any.do

This app is like an agenda on steroids. Any.do is a voice-controlled calendar that synchronizes events across your devices. From grocery lists to meetings to class projects, its sleek design and user friendly platform will make sure you never forget anything in your to-do list ever again.

5. Jefit Workout

Are you trying to get into shape but are having a hard time looking up workout routines on the Internet? This app has an entire library of workouts, which will free up your time to get to the gym instead of wasting time Googling workout routines. You can log in your reps and sets, and it has a calendar feature so you can write in your workouts and stay accountable.

Daysha is a coffee addict and a graduate student in the UPRM's English Education program. She's a Type A personality who's not afraid of kicking some butt in order to reach her goals. Daysha enjoys piña coladas, getting caught in the rain, playing video games, and watching Gilmore Girls marathons (whenever she's not working hard on her thesis.)
Claudia is a witchy English Literature and International Affairs major from La Parguera. She's worked in various on-campus projects, such as the MayaWest Writing Project and as a tutor at the English Writing Center. In addition, she's worked at Univision and has also been published in El Nuevo Día and El Post Antillano. When she doesn't have her nose in a book, you can find Claudia tweeting something snarky and pushing boundaries as a Beyoncé expert. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram, @clauuia.