This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock for the last seven years, you have probably heard of the biggest boy band in the world, One Direction. While you may disagree that it could be one of the greatest bands of all time, they have been wildly popular and successful ever since they were formed back in July, 2010 at The X Factor, a british singing competition show.  Though their fans are often stereotyped as 12-year-olds and people may have only heard their most popular song “What Makes You Beautiful,” they have created more mature content and never fail to appreciate their fans, even when they have been on an indefinite hiatus since the beginning of 2016,  fans of all ages that is. Here are some of their most underrated songs.

1. “Where Do Broken Hearts Go”

This song, from their album Four, is about making the mistake of letting of  the right person. The narrator is accepting his mistake, and looking for his one true love, wondering if they still have a chance to be together.

2. “Infinity”

This song is from their fifth and final album before their their hiatus, Made In The A.M., and was the album following Zayn Malik’s exit. It is all about the pain of not being able to be with the one person you love and how truly infinite that pain can feel when you gave it your all and still it doesnt work out.

3. “Better Than Words”

This song from their third album, Midnight Memories. has a more mature context. It talks about not being able to describe your attraction for someone and how this love is better than words and no one else can understand it.  

4. “They Don’t Know About Us”

This song from their second album, Take Me Home, has a Romeo and Juliet vibe. Nobody knows that the protagonists of the narrative are together and it seems like they don’t want them together, but that is only making their love stronger. It is all about a hidden romance and how truly wonderful is to finally find the right person.

5. “Moments”

This bonus song from their very first album, Up All Night, is their most heartbreaking song yet. The narrator’s love has passed away, it narrates how truly hard is to lose someone you love. He doesn’t want to let her go and he doesn’t know how to cope, he just wants her back again and turn back time; this song is beautifully written and truly sad.

Promise.

English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM. 
Claudia is a witchy English Literature and International Affairs major from La Parguera. She's worked in various on-campus projects, such as the MayaWest Writing Project and as a tutor at the English Writing Center. In addition, she's worked at Univision and has also been published in El Nuevo Día and El Post Antillano. When she doesn't have her nose in a book, you can find Claudia tweeting something snarky and pushing boundaries as a Beyoncé expert. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram, @clauuia.