This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Red, white, and pink are everywhere, pricing on chocolate and spirits have lowered, and stores are overflowing with plush animals galore. This can only mean one thing: Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! While stores offer a variety of cool gifts, nothing compares to a special something made by a person who knows you, at times, even better than you know yourself.

1. Keychain

Keeping up a stylish look can get a bit messy every now and then, and this cute gift idea screams “practicality!” Keychains are the perfect opportunity to splash a bit of your personality onto something essential that will surely make your gal’s life simpler in the most charming way.

2. Oh my Jewels!

Necklaces, rings, bracelets, earrings, flower crowns. You name it, we’ve got it. Homemade jewelry boxes and organizers are at the top of the list for the ideal present to your favorite accessory enthusiast. Make it chic, rustic, vintage, pastel; any way you want to make it, so long as it’s as special as the person receiving the gift.

3. Picture this!

As stated by Fred R. Barnard, “a picture is worth a thousand words.” The immortalized moments shared with our loved ones should be encased somewhere just as special. You don’t have to be a handyman to put together a nifty picture frame. Just be creative and have fun with it! Your bff’s heart will melt when she sees how much effort you put into making the day special.

4. Mason Jar EVERYTHING

These adorable jars have been around forever and have countless uses. This gift can vary between being a snow globe, flower vase, candle holder, survival kit, treat jar, and even a minibar in a jar! The jars are reusable and can be personalized for each one of your main ladies.

5. Cards made with Love!

Sweet and simple is always a fantastic choice when it comes to showing people how much they mean to you. Create a card that captures your one-of-a-kind friendship and you’ll have made the other person’s day a happier one.

Always remember, gifts are a nice touch, but what’s really important is that you enjoy the day with the partners in crime who make life worthwhile.

English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM.