This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Going out with your significant other or just going out with someone new can be great, but it can also be stressful. You might not have any ideas about what to do because dates like going to the movies or having dinner can be expensive. Here are five cheap and fun date ideas that can be done no matter where you are in the world.

1. A picnic at the beach or the park

If you pack fruits, sandwiches, cookies, wine, cheese, etc., you can have a very romantic picnic date without having to spend much time or money on prep. Plus, you have many options for possible picnic locations!

2. Movie Marathon

If you are looking for a more casual, stay-in kind of date, then how about a movie marathon? You can pick a movie franchise to binge (Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit, etc.) or you can choose a genre and browse movies from that particular category!

3. Game Night

Things can get a little competitive with this one, but it has the possibility of becoming a double date. Either way, if you pick the right board games and ones that you know everyone will enjoy, then it’s guaranteed to be a fun and basically expense free date.

4. Cooking Dinner Together

One of the best parts of a date, at least for me, is the food, and what better way to have some romantic fun than cooking together? And then after the food is done, you can sit down and have a great candlelit dinner without the tips and the waiting.

5. Stargazing

Stargazing can be coupled with a picnic or even an outdoor dinner. It is incredibly romantic and gives you both something to think about together. It’ll probably also spark some very interesting conversations!

Date night doesn’t have to be a stressor in any relationship or with any love interests. There are many simple, cheap, and incredibly fun and romantic ways to spend the night with someone you care deeply for, and you should not limit yourself to clichés and usual date spots.

English Major with minor in education and art, aspiring writer, foodie, cook, baker, vegetarian, animal lover, Netflixer and indie music enthusiast.