You and your friends decide to throw a Halloween party and you’re thinking of possible drinks to serve. You realize that you want to do something more fun, add some ‘spooky’ feeling to these drinks. You can’t think of anything, until you remember you saw 3 cocktail recipes that would definitely scare people into trying them.
1. Morgue- A- Rita
Goo: 1/4 cup light corn syrup and green food coloring.
Cocktail: 1/2 cup fresh lime juice, 1 cup of club soda, 3/4 cup of tequila, 3 ounces of triple sec, 4 cherries, 4 teaspoons maraschino cherry syrup.
- Mix together 1/4 cup light corn syrup with green food dye. Tip: Start with just a little coloring and add until you get the desired color then set aside.
- Place glasses in the freezer to frost them. When frozen, dip each glass into the green syrup and invert to allow the syrup to drip slightly. Return glasses to the freezer to set.
- Insert stirrers through maraschino cherries for each drink and set aside.
- Juice the limes and strain if desired to remove pulp.
- Combine tequila, triple sec and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake until very cold.
2. Black Devil Martini
Ingredients: 2 oz. dark rum, 1/2 oz. dry vermouth, black olive, orange sugar
- Stir and strain into chilled martini glass that has been rimmed with orange sugar, then garnish with black olives.
3. Black Widow Shot
Ingredients: 1 1/2 ounces black vodka (chilled), 1/2 ounces cranberry juice (chilled), 1 cherry (for garnish), red sugar crystals (for rim).
- Fill a small cocktail glass with ice.
- Rim glass with red sugar crystals.
- Pour cranberry juice over ice, and gently layer black vodka over juice.
- Garnish with a cherry.
Recepies were taken from http://www.hgtv.com/entertaining/13-to-die-for-halloween-cocktails/pictures/index.html