27 SignsYou are a Guaynab*cha/Ponceb*cha/…b*cha at UPRM

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

B*tches, such a distinctive flock, you know one when you see one!  Many students here at UPRM come from all over the island, from cities like Utuado to Guaynabo. A lot of the big cities are known for their “ponceb*chas”, “guaynab*chas” and “etcb*chas”, you can find these girls all around campus or you may even be one of them. Below are 27 signs you are one of us: 

1.     If you have lived in Paseos de Miramar, Bosque 51 or Maranello at any point in your college years.

2.     If your favorite hang-out spot was Bleu

3.     If your book bag is a purse

4.     Mayaguez Mall….What is that?

5.     You pay Exygon’s membership and you haven’t set a foot in it in the past month.

6.      You go in gym clothes to class, with no intention of working out, at least once a week.

7.      You eat an açai bowls at least once a week, because you deserve it.

8.     When this tree blossomed it was all over your Instagram and Facebook profile. 

9.     The screen of your smartphone is cracked and you couldn’t care less.

10.  A trip to Happy Bowls or Yogen Fruz would not be complete if you don’t Instagram a photo of what you ate.

11.  You have always thought that Jet doesn’t even compare to Brava.

12.  “los de la isla” is a common phrase in your vocabulary.

13.  You hate Sundays, because it means a long drive is waiting for you.

14.  You live your days packing and unpacking bags, living between two closets is a pain.

15.  Your eyebrows usually look like bushes and you learned to do your hair because you don’t trust any Salon at Mayaguez.

16.  When you got here, you forgot how to walk in heels because the Thursday hang-outs are in shorts and flats, when your usual hangouts heels were as essential as pants.

17.  You have at least three apps on your phone where you can edit photos in a funky way to later publish on Instagram.

18.  On your book, Twitter is the best thing that ever happened; the perfect venue to show people how witty, romantic, philosophical and funny you are.

19.   You’ve instagramed tons of photos about how you unwind with a wineglass, even though you can’t distinguish from a Cabernet Sauvignon to a Pinot Noir.

20.  You barely know how to cook because you have the commodity to dine out everyday or your mother sends you food.

21.   You visit Bonsai more frequently than the library.

22.   You love to flaunt the fact that you live half an hour from gorgeous beaches to your friends back home.

23.   Staying the weekend means Tamboo Fridays.

24.  You cringe at the sight of crocs

25.  Before Mayagüez, you couldn’t even finish a can of beer, now Medalla is the preferred drink.

26.   You cannot control your spanglish.

27.  You have a Mac Book Pro and you only use it for Microsoft Word and Safari.

Remember to never judge a book by its cover, don’t be fooled by the b*tch stereotype, we may surprise you. If you, indeed, are a b*itch you should check out this blog/ betch’s bible.

http://www.betcheslovethis.com : 

“This site is the betchy girl’s bible, reaffirming her beliefs about herself and the universe, and guiding her through situations a betch might encounter”

Olivieri is a Puerto Rican entrepreneur who craves knowledge and has a passion for writing. Currently trying to unravel the world's mysteries by majoring in physics.