26 Things that Happen Every Girls’ Night Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

1. Firstly, this would have been planned days or even a week in advance because you are all super-busy, important working women.

2. But when you actually settle on a date, you all stick it out together.

3. Everyone knows that a girl’s night out always begins indoors, where you will all be pregaming and assembling your perfect looks together.

4. Due to the abundance of Redd’s and impromptu Oops I Did it Again-era Britney Spears kareoke, your makeup may suffer some mishaps

But I mean, who cares, right? You all still look hot.

5. You all take as many group pictures and selfies as possible

6. and you all leave–buzzed and fabulous–to the bangin’ party brewing en la calle.

7. There will be one friend who despite only having drank half a Medalla will be acting like this

8. While your not-single BFF will already be texting her significant other.

9. Someone will get lost immediately

10. …and will inevitably be found chatting up the bearded bartender.

11. Eventually, that “Girl You Just Don’t Like” will walk by, and you and your friends will say Hi to her like this..

12. Someone will suggest Tequila shots, which you accept but regret immediately after

13. Which is when one of you starts talking about their current ~*bae*~ and bust out the screenshots

14. The local band will start playing Enanitos Verdes, as they all do, and you’ll find yourselves singing to the songs even though you’re sick of them anyway…

15. A lovely moment which will be ruined when the lead singer invites all of you to join them.

16. You will all go into the bathroom together, where you will have a much-needed heart-to-heart

17. and start complimenting every girl in the line as you walk out.

I love your shoes! You’re so pretty! No, you’re so pretty!

18. Your favorite song will play, and your friends will be nowhere to be found

19. But that’s OK, cause the next time a Beyoncé song starts playing all the single ladies will be like:

20. A creep will come along and get too close to one of your girl so you’ll all have to lay down the law

21. All this singing and debauchery has got you all exhausted, so you risk your health even further and end up at the greasiest food truck still open at 3am

22. By this point your candids look like this:

23: And your mascara looks like this

24. and you’re all singing Taylor Swift songs like:

25. By the time you get home and are ready to sleep there will be one friend who will keep talking

26. And while every time it gets harder for your squad to go out all together, you’re so grateful for the few wonderful times you do

Claudia is a witchy English Literature and International Affairs major from La Parguera. She's worked in various on-campus projects, such as the MayaWest Writing Project and as a tutor at the English Writing Center. In addition, she's worked at Univision and has also been published in El Nuevo Día and El Post Antillano. When she doesn't have her nose in a book, you can find Claudia tweeting something snarky and pushing boundaries as a Beyoncé expert. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram, @clauuia.
Her Campus at UPRM