absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

12 Vegan Recipes to Spice Up Your Thanksgiving Dinner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Thanksgiving season can be tough for vegans and vegetarians. Most of the traditional meals contain either meat or some sort of animal product. In an attempt to make things easier for those of us who don’t consume food that comes from animals, here are 12 vegan recipes that everyone will love at the Thanksgiving dinner table.

1. Mashed Potatoes

Mashed potatoes are a must at the dinner table on Thanksgiving. This recipe will help you achieve the creamiest mash without any of the guilt.

2. Mushroom Gravy

Mashed potatoes aren’t complete without gravy. Here’s a recipe for vegan mushroom gravy that is just as delicious as the original thing.

3. Mac and Cheese

If potatoes aren’t your thing, how about some butternut squash mac and cheese? A yummy alternative to using actual cheese that is equally good.

4. Seitan Ham w/ Glaze

Since the eating turkey or ham is out of the picture, this vegan-friendly setian ham will satisfy all your meat cravings. Covered in a pineapple glaze, this alternative will make for a great main dish.

5. Sweet Potato Casserole

By replacing the traditional marshmallows with a pecan crumble, this sweet potato casserole is not only vegan/vegetarian friendly, it’s delicious too.

6. Garlic Dinner Rolls

Dinner rolls are a great side to any meal and these vegan garlic and herb rolls are to die for.

7. Sourdough Bread Stuffing

Bread mixed with mushrooms and plenty of spices make for an amazing stuffing to accompany your main dish, whether it’s vegan or not.

8. Chickpea Vegan Meatloaf

If Seitan ham isn’t something you want to try, vegan meatloaf may be just the vegan main course for you.

9. Pumpkin Pie

No thanksgiving would be complete without pumpkin pie, this recipe allows you to make an equally great vegan alternative.

10. Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes

Cheesecake is one of the most non-vegan desserts out there. But with this vegan version of pumpkin cheesecake, anyone can enjoy it after a delicious dinner.

11. Pecan Pie

Along with pumpkin pie, pecan pie is a traditional thanksgiving dessert, here’s how to make a vegan version.

12. Sticky Buns

A slightly less traditional dessert but just as tasty, sticky buns are a great way to end a day full of food and thanksgiving.

English Major with minor in education and art, aspiring writer, foodie, cook, baker, vegetarian, animal lover, Netflixer and indie music enthusiast.
English Major at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus. With a minor in Comunications and a minor in Marketing. Interested in all things entertainment and pop culture. Passionate writer and aspiring journalist. Former Campus Correspondent at HC UPRM.