10 Tips and Tricks to Stay Motivated this Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Staying motivated at the beginning of the semester is easy, but after a few weeks in, the motivation to do pretty much anything other than watch Netflix starts fading away. Well, you are not in this alone, but worry not collegiates. Her Campus UPRM has got some tips and tricks to help you stay motivated this semester: 

1. Invest in an agenda.

And not just any agenda. Get one you really like. If it’s to your liking, you’ll be sure to use it and stay on top of your classes.

2. If agendas aren’t your thing, make a Bullet Journal.

The good thing about bullet journals is how incredibly costomizable they are. You can choose the layout, colors, symbols, and more!

3. Purchase a plaethora of pens.

It’s easy to get bored of the same blue and black ink combo that everyone tends to use. Spice it up by adding color to your notes. This will brighten up your note taking and make studying a nicer experience. 

4. Splurge a little on cute office supplies.

Reach for those flower sticky notes instead of plain yellow ones! You’ll be more likely to use them if you like them.

5. Decorate your notebooks.

You’ll be a lot more motivated for class if your notebooks are decorated to your liking. Use photos, pictures or even drawings to personalize your notebooks.

6. Make sure to have a study space.

A desk or table that is just for studying can be a wonderful thing. Avoid studying on your bed. Your brain associates your bed with sleep, and this can make studying on it a recipe for disaster.

7. Find a study method that works for YOU.

We’re all guilty of copying our friend’s study methods, but what works for them might not work for you. Make sure you try different techniques, such as the HOME -The Pomodoro Technique® in order to make your study sessions as fruitful as possible. 

8. Take advantage of apps and add ons. 

There are hundreds of apps and add ons available to help make your college life easier and more enjoyable. Download them and use them to facilitate your life! You may refer to 25 Apps You’ll Need to Survive College – Mashable

9. Review after class.

It’ll be easier to remember the material you’ve just been taught if you review it right after class. You can also make it a habit to make it less of a chore. 

10. TAKE A BREAK!!!

We all know how stressful college can be. That’s why it’s so important to make sure you take breaks. Studying is great and all, but sleep and your mental health should always be your priority. 

Vashti Tacoronte is an English Major at the University of Puerto Rico: Mayaguez Campus. Her studies focus on literature and writing. She is a blogger, an aspiring writer and an amateur book reviewer. She enjoys young adult books, fiction, horror stories, creepypastas, and manga. For more information visit her blog titled Alphabet Soup (noxmelodia.wordpress.com) or follow her on twitter @windsorwrabbit. Stay creepy.
Her Campus at UPRM