Life > Experiences

10 Things To Do With Your Friends On Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Valentine’s Day is around the corner and you are probably wondering what can you plan to do on that day if you are single. If you don’t have a significant other to go out with, here is the perfect plan to go out and have fun with your friends on Valentines day. These ideas can also be used on other occasions and not necessarily for this day.

1. Going to your favorite place to eat:

If your friends and you have a favorite place to go and eat, y’all can go on a friends date and have fun. This way you can chat and enjoy some time together. Buy your favorite food and share it with each other; what a perfect way to spend it with some friends.

2. Have a movie marathon:

In order to have fun with your friends you don’t necessarily need to spend money. You can plan to go to one of your friends’ house or apartment and watch whatever movies y’all like. Just by spending some time together, that can be a enough, and what a perfect way to do so than having a movie marathon.

3. Karaoke night:

If you want to do something you and your friends don’t normally do, going to a place for karaoke sounds like a great idea. This way you can sing, enjoy the moment, laugh and make the night special with each others’ company.

4. Picnic:

You can have a picnic at campus with you friends or it can be at yours favorite outdoor place to enjoy and have some snacks along with. It’s a very nice experience to have with your friends and do something new you don’t often do together.

5. Playing board games:

You and your friends can go to one of each others’ house or apartment and have a board game night. Y’all can play some of your favorites or some of the classics like Monopoly, Jenga, Uno cards, among other games.

6. Playing video games:

Playing video games with your friends can be a great idea to spend time with them. It can also be a way to get your mind to relax and have a fun night with the people you treasure the most.

7. Go bowling:

Going bowling with some friends can be a perfect idea to go out and have fun. Do something out of the norm that you won’t do on a daily basis. It can be the perfect friends date night.

8. Go to a park:

Going to the park with your friends is a good idea to clear your mind for a while. You can all go for a walk, or play some sports together, maybe put a blanket on the floor were you can have a talk and keep company to each other.

9. Go to a party:

You can go with your friends to a Valentine’s Day themed party and have fun with them. Y’all can dance, drink, interact with others and have a blast with each other.

10. Do some baking:

If y’all like baking, you can get together at someone’s place and bake whatever pastry of preference. It can be cupcakes, chocolate lollipops, brownies, and cookies, among others, that you can all eat it together.

If this Valentine’s Day you are single and dont have a significant other to spend it with, these ideas can be perfect for you to spend it with your friends. These fun ideas not necessarily have to be used for Valentine’s Day they can be used for any idea at any time of the year. Is good to clear your mind and spend time with the people you love and like to spend time with them.

My name is Angelique Matos, most people call me Angie and I am from Cabo Rojo. I am an English major on my third year studying linguistics and I have an obsession with fashion and makeup.