The 10 Stages of Getting Over a Crush as Told by Jessica Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Crushes can be messy—there are too many possibilities as to what could happen when you get one! However, they usually follow some kind of pattern. Here are the stages of crushing on someone, as shown by Jess from New Girl.

1. When you first see them.

2. Then, you actually meet them for the first time.

3. And your friends ask you about it, but you haven’t accepted you have a crush yet.

4. You find out they’re single after stalking them online.

5. You start hanging out, things are looking promising…

6. …So, you want things to be “official.”

7. But then… they ghost you.

8. You decide to give up on love.

9. And all the feelings rush in at once.

10. Soon enough, you get over it because you are strong and independent, and don’t need anyone but yourself!

English Major with minor in education and art, aspiring writer, foodie, cook, baker, vegetarian, animal lover, Netflixer and indie music enthusiast.
Jennifer Mojica Santana is an undergraduate student at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus (UPRM). She is currently pursuing a degree in English with a concentration in Literature, and minor studies in Project Management and Writing and Communications. Mojica Santana has written for UPRM's chapter of the online magazine Her Campus since March 2015. She served as the chapter's Senior Editor from January 2016 through May 2016. From June 2016 through October 2017, Mojica Santana was the chapter's co-Campus Correspondent and co-Editor-in-Chief. During the summer of 2917, she conducted research at Brown University. Currently, she is a visiting student at Brown University.