Style > Beauty

10 Makeup Trends Perfect for a Tropical Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPRM chapter.

Fall is that special time of year where we bring out the sweaters and boots to prepare for the cold weather; but that doesn’t mean our makeup can’t be on point. Here are ten makeup trends perfect for a tropical fall! These trends are just predictions to what makeup might be popular in this fall time, however. Always remember that makeup is about creativity and self expression and no matter what trends are predicted for any season, all looks are beautiful and worthy of attention!

1. Warm Smokey Eyes:

Warm smokey eyes are a staple for every makeup fiend’s fall wardrobe, especially when it is completely matte with only a pop of shimmer in the tear-duct and the brow-bone; it can be perfectly complemented with a peachy or pink nude glossy lipstick or lipgloss.

Credit to: Jaclyn Hill @jaclynhill on instagram  

2. Olive Green and Golden Tones:

For this season, olive and army green combined with gold and mustards are very popular on the eyes; whether it be in a smokey eye, a cut crease, or an all matte halo eye, this combination proves to be very stunning.

Credit: Colourpop Cosmetics @colourpopcosmetics on instagram

3. Big Feathery Lashes:

Bold false eyelashes have become a trend through the seasons, no matter the style. However, for fall more spiky, feathery, false eyelashes have come into trend. Perfect example is Kiss’ Lash Couture Faux Mink in the style “Boudoir.”

Credit to Kiss Products @kissproducts on instagram

4. No Blush or Peachy Nude Blushes:

A lot of blush or pink blushes are a thing that is left in summer. This fall, no blush or nude blush is where it’s at! Most makeup enthusiasts have opted from wearing this product to look warmer and chiseled all autumn.

Credit: James Charles instagram: @jamescharles

5. Bold Eyeliner:

Bold Eyeliner has been a staple for some makeup artist since the fall season started; we see pops of color, very graphic eyeliner, and very bold lines in both editorial shoots and in everyday life!

Credit: Rin    instagram: @gothfruits

6. Neon Pops of Color:

Neon Green, Neon Orange, and Neon Yellow even have become trendy in the past few months as shimerry pop of color in the eyelid or inner corner, to make more neutral looks a bit more interesting and different from a warm smokey eye.

Credit: @youkeyy_ on instagram

7. Red, Burgundy, or Brown Matte Lipstick:

Darker warmer tones have become very trendy this season, ranging from rich reds to dark brown lip colors, to differentiate from summers pinky nude lipstick craze!

Credit: Colourpop instagram: @colourpopcosmetics

8. Mauves and Cherry Tones:

A lot of color palettes for fall show cherry and mauve-like colors as in and trendy for the season, as seen by Urban Decay’s Naked Cherry collection which includes a range of this color family.

Credit: Urban Decay Cosmetics Instagram: @urbandecaycosmetics

9. Nude Glossy Lips:

In contrast to the dark vampy lip trend, we see a light glossy lip coming as well, rather than focusing on pinks and peaches as its main shade range, browns, taupes, and true nude glossy lips are all the rage alongside the vampy trend!

Credit: Colourpop Cosmetics Instagram: @colourpopcosmetics

10. All Matte Looks:

All Matte looks have been a fall staple since god knows when, and this year it’s no different. We see Makeup artists and Makeup enthusiasts rock these trendy looks all through the season as a constant for fall trends.

Credit: @youkeyy_ on instagram

These trends are just predictions to what makeup might be popular in this fall time, however, always remember that makeup is about creativity and self expression and no matter what trends are predicted for any season, all looks are beautiful and worthy of attention!

English Mayor with a passion for fashion and the beauty industry. Amateur Makeup Artist. In hopes of writing about the good and bad of the fashion and beauty industries alike.
Fabiola del Valle is 22 y/o English Lit. major studying at UPRM. She currently holds the position of Campus Correspondent and karaoke queen.