This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

We all want to look glowy AF when the summertime comes around. With Bondi Sands self-tanners, you can achieve that golden look before you head for the beach. This is the number 1 self-tanning brand in Australia, New Zeland, and the UK. The brand talks about a salon quality formula and an affordable price range. The brand is inspired by the lovely Australian beaches, and the formulas work to give you an even, naturally golden tan that hydrates and nourishes your skin meaning you stay bronzed for longer. So, let’s see how it went for us!

The Products We Used

The products in the image above, from left to right, are the Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam in Dark, the Bondi Sands Self Tan Eraser, and the Bondi Sands Self Tanning Liquid Gold Dry-Oil Spray​.

The products in the image above, from left to right, are the Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam in Light/Medium, and the Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam Ultra Dark. We also used the Bondi Sands Self Tanning Application Mitt!

Andrea, Light to Medium Self-Tanner

Before vs After

It’s actually pretty simple and mess-free! As long as you follow the instructions and apply the tanning oil/foam evenly throughout your skin, chances are Bondi Sands self-tanning products will help you achieve a rich, tanner and shinier skin.  To be honest, I’ve never used any self-tanning products in my life! However, I am very pleased with the look and feel of the Bondi Sands oil and foam products. In the end, it achieved an ideal tone: not so tan as to make it seem obvious that I am light-skinned, and not so light as to appear I did not use any tanning products at all.

The self-application mitt was perfect for spreading both the tanning oil and foam alike. In fact, its plushy texture was very soft to the touch, so you don’t have to worry about skin rubbing or scratching. Plus, when used properly, the mitt has the full potential of achieving a smooth and even looking tan. The liquid gold tanning product is easier to apply than the foam because all it basically requires is a couple spritzes and a couple of gentle mitt strokes to distribute the oil on the skin. Even though its effect is not as noticeable as the Bondi Sands tanning foam, it’s perfect for any occasion wherein you are craving a light tanning color to glow up your skin. Also, let’s not forget the liquid gold’s coconutty tropical scent!

Arhiadne, Dark Self-Tanner

Before vs After

This self-tanner is super easy to use. You follow the instructions and it comes out perfectly. I thought I would get myself stained with the self-tanner but it worked out just fine. So, initially, I loved it, but once I showered a lot of the product came off even though I followed instructions to the T. I highly recommend that you apply it more than once, like two days in a row. There’s also the option of leaving the self-tanner on for six hours, instead of the other option which is one hour. Maybe try that before showering. However, immediately after I wore it, I looked like a golden goddess.

The mitt was the best part. I didn’t want stained hands and this definitely helped. Plus, with the mitt, you can buff the tanner into your skin. The Liquid Gold Tanning OIl smells really good. It’s super shimmery and makes you shine a lot! I’d definitely use it some more during the summertime.

Deyaneira, Ultra Dark Self-Tanner

Before (Top) vs After (Bottom)

I found it really easy to use. The directions are explained clearly, with a simple three-step you can achieve beautiful golden skin. Pro tip: just make sure that you apply the Bondi Sands products evenly on the skin because it starts working really fast! As I already have dark skin, the product didn’t do a lot with only one application. However, it made my skin look better and healthier overall. It gave me a natural glow that’s impossible to achieve even after going to the beach, therefore I am really pleased with the results.

The mitt is amazing! I was a great tool at the time of the application. It’s really soft and that helped to spread evenly both the tanning foam and liquid. I fell in love with the fabric used for it. The liquid gold tanning is great for a last minute resource. It gives the skin a golden and neat look instantly. With a rich coconut scent, it’s the perfect thing to apply when you want to rock the natural glow.

We had such a fun time trying these self-tanners out! You should totally check out Bondi Sands to learn more! You can find them on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

Antoinette Luna is a Performance Studies and Comparative Literature major at the UPR. Her passions include writing, reading, and anything crafty. She loves to sew, write, and make things from scratch. DIY is the name of her game. Around campus, she is known as a bubbly young woman who goes by just Luna. Her future goals include traveling, traveling, and more traveling. Outspoken transfeminist, and wannabe activist, she's out to set fires.
Andrea Capllonch is a Comparative Literature grad student that loves editing literary and journalistic content, discovering coffee shops and creating playlists for just about anything. She aspires to someday break into the literary world as an editor for a publishing house or an online publication. When she isn't busy editing or working at the local indie bookstore, you'll most likely find her cuddling her two cats, Bobby and Ziggy.
Arhiadne is a freshman at UPR. She's currently in the Humanities Faculty but is thinking about changing to the Faculty of Business Administration because she wants to open her own restaurant someday. However, she usually doesn't have much to say about herself because, according to her, she only knows how to binge-watch Netlfix.
Deyaneira's a foreign languages student on the Humanities faculty at UPRRP. Her love for cultures is intriguing specially for Italian and Asian cultures. You can always find her listening to music, learning a new language, watching the latest K-Drama or ranting about this unfair world.