This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

“The look can be a bit mature and sophisticated, but this skirt shape isn’t something girls should be afraid of,” says Mary Kate.

If you are like us, and you live in a location with warm weather year-round, all this chatter about fall trends and fall fashion is probably falling on deaf ears. But don’t despair-you can still have your fall taste with some of the awesome seasonal trends that will blow you away. Take the knee-length skirts. They are perfect and wearable for any type of place. 

Your closet probably has shorts for days, but you are in your twentysomethings, and this is the time to show-off some legs in a classy way. What a better way to do it than by using those figure-flattering knee-length skirts? 

Now, the tricky-not-so-tricky part about wearing the knee-length skirt

The key to this length is to find a fair balance between conservative and sexy. Designers are recommending using the knee-length skirts with crop tops to expose SOME of your upper body. For example, you could wear a back cut-out shirt or a little bit of cleavage when wearing knee-length skirts (but don’t be too skimpy), or even your arms, this way you will enhance the feminine part of wearing such a “long” skirt. If you want to go with a more conservative look, try fitted-blouses or shirts, pieces that show your upper curves, because honestly, it is kinda’ hard to pull off baggy over baggy. 

For the dresses it is quite easy, try wearing a belt to accentuate your figure if the dress permits it, if it does not, because of the fabric, then it is up to the shoes (my advice: I would go with some strappy high heel sandals) and of course accessories, try to wear the most feminine and classiest jewelry you can find. Good Luck!

HCXO,

Carla

*Photo Courtesy:

Yellow Skirt: http://instagram.com/tuulavintage

Black and White Skirt: http://www.songofstyle.com/

Dress: http://www.refinery29.com/femi…

Biology student at University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus. Loves Fashion, art & food.
Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!