Fashion

Top Five Outfit Trends to Wear During the Holidays

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Because of this, you should know what the latest fashion trends are, so you can have a Holly Jolly Christmas while looking your best! Here are the top five outfit trends to wear during this Christmas season.

1 Red Everything!

Red is always a good idea to wear during Christmastime, as it is absolutely timeless when it comes to celebrating this holiday. If you’re considering wearing a set, a cute mini skirt, a top, or a dress, keep in mind that red always looks great. You can wear it as part of a casual outfit or for a glam party look.

2 Minis

Mini skirts are back! And, if you are wondering why these are ideal to wear right in the middle of the cold weather, it’s because mini skirts are perfect for layering outfits. You can wear them with some tights or knee-high boots (which, by the way, are trending too). Topping it off with a long cardigan is also an option you can consider in order to achieve the perfect winter look!

3 Puffy Sleeves

If you want to look like a total queen, then this style is perfect for you! This trend is not only ideal for the holidays, but it just so happens that puff sleeves have been taking over this year’s fashion trends too. Combine a puff-sleeved top with a sequined skirt to add a unique accent to your look. Believe me, you’ll have all eyes on you!

4 Colorful Holiday

This is going to be the most colorful holiday because the trending color palette suggests bright tones. Pink, blue, green, and red are only just a few of the colors to combine during this year’s holidays! Remember, this holiday is all about the magic of celebration and being merry and bright!

5 Knitwear

For a comfy look during the cold season, knit garments are always a go-to! This fabric will always keep you warm, and will make you look stylish with the different patterns it comes in. Wear it as a cardigan, sweater, scarf, or beanie to keep it cozy yet fashionable.

You can play with these trends and even mix-and-match some. Remember you don’t have to run to buy new clothes, just have fun with what you already have in your closet. The most important thing is to look fab and feel great!

Astrid Carolina is a grad school student at the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus. She has a Bachelors Degree in Modern Languages and is currently doing her Masters in Translation. When she's not stressing out over doing her thesis, you can probably find her playing videogames or being crafty. Astrid is out there encouraging people to be themselves without fear!