This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Makeup can seem daunting, but it’s actually such a great hobby. If you love doing your makeup or if you’re just starting to learn, it’s essential to know about different makeup artists. You can learn different types of looks and techniques. MUA’s can give you some serious creative energy too. Here are some of the best makeup artists on social media!

1. Daisy Marquez

A post shared by Daisy Marquez (@daisymarquez_) on

Daisy is a 20-year-old self-taught makeup artist who was born in Mexico, lived in Texas her whole life, and is now living in California. Her YouTube videos tend to be very extensive and detailed which make them excellent for learning, plus she really knows how to work with just about anything.

Find her on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube!

2. Alexandra Leyva

A post shared by Alexandra Leyva (@dumb.makeup) on

Alexandra is a makeup artist who focuses on detailed eyeliner in every color imaginable. She tends to play with colors and different shapes to create looks that are out of this world. If you’re learning to apply eyeliner or simply looking to perfect your eyeliner skills, Alexandra is the perfect teacher.

3. Jackie Aina

A post shared by Jackie Aina (@jackieaina) on

For all my beautiful WOC out there, Jackie Aina is the perfect person to learn from. Her techniques are flawless and her product reviews are incredibly honest. Even those that aren’t into makeup love watching her videos due to her amazing sense of humor and vibrant personality.

You can find Jackie Aina on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.

4. Thomas Halbert

A post shared by thomas halbert (@thomashalbert) on

Thomas Halbert is an agender makeup artist who recently turned 21. Their dramatic personality transfers onto their looks when they do everything from neutral looks to colorful looks and even loves playing around with the color of their hair. They’re a great makeup artist to watch whether you already know the basics of makeup or are an expert by now.

Find Thomas on ​InstagramTwitter, YouTube.

5. Jesse Arreola

A post shared by JESSE ? (@jesse_arreola_) on

Jesse is a Mexican makeup artist who lives in Texas and shows how artistic makeup can really be. He’s spectacular in everything and excellent for anyone, from those who know nothing to those who know everything; there’s a lot to learn from him. He likes to focus on gender roles and shows with every look he does that guys can do makeup too.

Find Jesse on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube!

6. Rocio Cervantes

A post shared by Rocio Cervantes ? (@rocioceja_) on

Rocio is an acne prone makeup artist who focuses on how to work with acne and makeup. She also shows how to play with colorful looks.

Find her on Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.

7. Gabi Greer

A post shared by Gabi Greer (@gabigreeer) on

Gabi loves to create looks based on the covers of albums, Disney characters, and natural landscapes, she’s the perfect artist to check out if you’re looking for inspiration for your next look.

Find Gabi Greer on Instagram and Twitter!

Go ahead and find your newest makeup inspo. Social media is a great place to find fun trends, creative makeup looks, and easy tutorials. Is there anyone you think deserves to be on this list. Let us know!

Paula Diaz Castro is a Psychology student in UPRRP and Secretary to HerCampus UPR Chapter looking to expand her horizons by publishing articles about beauty and mental health. She also minors in Woman and Gender Studies. On her free time, she enjoys working, helping animals in need, and spending time with her family and friends. She will be graduating UPRRP in 2020 to pursue a Master's, Doctorate and Post-Doctorate to reach her goal of becoming a Forensic Psychologist.