This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

A couple of great films will be coming out or have already been released this Spring. We’re rounding up those movies that deserve your coins.

Love, Simon

Highly promoted by Her Campus UPR, Love, Simon is definitely worth your money. Having been pushed back a couple of times, the release date has finally arrived! It is finally in theaters in Puerto Rico! It’s full of humor, unforgettable moments, and emotional scenes that will just have you wanting to hug those you care about in your life. Simon struggles with being a closeted gay teen as he navigates high school, with the added bonus—or nightmare—of being blackmailed by one of his classmates. It is the type of film you’d enjoy if you liked The Breakfast Club, The Perks of Being a Wallflower or even 10 Things I Hate about You due to the fact that this will surely become an instant classic in your book!

Release Date (Puerto Rico): April 12

Avengers: Infinity War

This is definitely one of the most highly anticipated films of this Spring and probably of the year, too. Following the wide success of Black Panther, Infinity War promises to be one of the most exciting Marvel movies their cinematic universe has seen with more crossovers than the previous movies, such as the original Avengers and Civil War, combined. It will also be the long-awaited finale to what the producers of the MCU were trying to accomplish: the Marvel multiverse! After this movie, the MCU might change forever!

Release Date (Puerto Rico): April 26

A Quiet Place

This sci-fi, mystery thriller has people shaking! With numerous great reviews, this movie is climbing the box office with promising cinematography and plot. The cast is also spectacular considering it consists of Emily Blunt and John Krasinski alongside breakthrough performances by Millicent Simmonds, Noah Jupe, and Cade Woodward. All you need to know is that this family is trying to survive in silence, as they’re being hunted by something that’s attracted to sound. The smallest of sounds could mean death for them.

Release Date (Puerto Rico): April 5

Isle of Dogs

Wes Anderson has done it again! Following the style of Fantastic Mr. Fox, Anderson has returned to his claymation ways with this new addition to his cinematic repertoire. In this futuristic society, imagined the way the future would have been seen from the perspective of the 50’s, dogs are being banned and sent to an island that serves as a garbage disposal. On the other side of the narrative, a young hero will travel to this island in search of his dog that has been taken from him like the others that were taken away in Japan. A group of alpha dogs will join forces with this young boy and embark on an odyssey to find his lost friend. The plot sounds original and the voice actors create a phenomenal cast with the likes of Koyu Rankin, Greta Gerwig, Scarlett Johansson, Frances McDormand, Bill Murray, and more.

Release Date (Puerto Rico): April 19

Blockers

Being promoted as a feminist movie by the three leading actresses because their characters are taking control of their sexuality, this movie promises to deliver. It is a comedy surrounding three teenage girls that make a sex pact to lose their virginity on prom night. Finding out about this, their parents will do everything they can to stop it. It is definitely different and refreshing, perfect for those that want to simply go to the movies and have a good laugh. If you enjoyed the comedy style of Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, you should give this one a watch!

Release Date (Puerto Rico): April 5

I hope you enjoyed all these recommendations and that you have the chance to watch them.

Image Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6.

Born and raised in Puerto Rico, Josie is a senior in the UPR-Río Piedras campus, majoring in English Literature. When she's not on campus, you can find her browsing a bookstore (as if her TBR pile isn't big enough already!). Books and writing are what drives this girl--apart from fighting to destigmatize mental illnesses and raising awareness about the importance of consent. Josie enjoys traveling, bingeing on spicy food and a lot of sweets, blasting Bieber, and adding shows or movies to her Netflix queue that she'll never get to. Josie is a junior editor for the Rio Piedras chapter in Puerto Rico. If you want to see what else Josie is up to, you can catch her on her bookstagram.