This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

This year has been very anticlimactic when it comes to celebrations. Even though Thanksgiving is considered a “colonial” holiday, it’s a good excuse to wear a cute outfit. 

Essentially, the three outfits depend on what your vibe is. You could sport a casual, elegant, or full-out vibe. You don’t really need any specific clothes; just work with what you’ve got. 

I hope these stylish ideas inspire your potential outfit. Besides, since it’s hot in Puerto Rico, let’s show our legs and look hot in the living room. Literally no judgement if you decide to ignore these tips— do you, boo. 

Be comfortable with whatever you decide to wear. The important thing is to appreciate the time you have with your family and be grateful for what you have: health, loved ones, and food.

Casual: Sweats and a cute shirt

Add comfortable shoes, boots, or sandals. No makeup, and hair could be made into a bun.

Casual: Jeans and a sweater

Casual: Skirt and nice top

Elegant: Dress

Add heels, sleek hair and maybe a soft-glam makeup.

Elegant: Romper

Elegant: Suit

All-Out and Extra: A dress with a sweater

Mix of both styles. Add heels or boots. These all include a possible smokey-eye or an all-out glam makeup with an actual hairdo like a braid or an half up, half down hairstyle.

All-Out and Extra: Jeans with a suit jacket

All-Out and Extra: Skirt, sweater, and comfortable shoes

Whether you get all dressed up or not, appreciate this moment with your loved ones. Eat and have fun! Enjoy life. 

The year is almost done, the semester is almost over, and we are one step closer to ending the year with a win. These outfits are part of that win. Be grateful for your health, as these almost-apocalyptic times can seem never-ending; yet this moment can help you recharge and reset your intentions for what is left of the year. Remember to not only be thankful for your health and loved ones, but for yourself as well; the time for self-love is always. 

Happy Holidays and don’t forget to stay true to yourself.

Ymaris Jimenez is an undergraduate student at the University of Puerto Rico Rio Piedras Campus. She’s studying Education in Theater. When she isn't working, she plays with her cats and dogs. She also loves to dance and tends to freestyle in her bedroom for fun. Something you might not know is that her first name is Miriam but she goes by Ymaris.