Style > Beauty

TEN EASY HALLOWEEN MAKEUP LOOKS FOR WHEN YOU’RE IN RUSH

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Do you know how many times I’ve had to open Pinterest to find a last-minute makeup look for Halloween because I never got a costume? A lot. In fact, this year I’ll be doing the same thing. It’s easier for me to do my makeup instead of finding an outfit; if I have nothing to wear, I’ll just put dark eyeshadow around my eyes, two red dots on my throat, and I’m good to go. Easy, fast, and cheap! If you’re like me and you procrastinate until the very last minute and then don’t know what to do, this article is perfect for you. 

BARBIE

i QLllfACoSzDrnGbDSKCak b7YSmjBAZGFZTZYqqcP49GiV5I jZnS Ag85E2Utx33LnNuE0IRAqpCYro1nQyqnYeV7XxCGUk7 giis7z4h2VtXpBund qw9dMkbx2HeRqJRdlgXveTrem9 3CVQ4

Retrieved from Pinterest.

If there’s one Halloween costume that’ll be trendy this year, it’s definitely Barbie! Although I imagine the outfits will be the main point of these costumes, the makeup should slay just as much. Barbie’s makeup is all about being natural but still adding that touch of elegance. The focus of this makeup is the base, your skin should look natural yet radiant, with blushy cheeks and carved cheekbones. Some shimmer on the eyes and pink lips and you’re done. You’ll be walking down the street hearing lots of “Hi, Barbie.

q3SAOW0zk4de2Mop47cYbFjFbp3S51G9v78kTWC J5ceP7d6LxcQe8Q rBsJe T1Q7qjFmDYBUEIYdCYcUup9tPrPq

But come on guys, it’s Halloween, you can add a little bit of spice, right? After all, Weird Barbie exists. For the random shapes, you can use water activated eyeliner or colorful eyeshadows mixed with some setting spray or water. This is where your creativity takes over, you can either copy the exact shapes Weird Barbie has or you can do whatever shapes you feel like doing!

SPIDER WEB

D5l4IILTflDqSub54nOPmWqGKbHCedPcM 536OMRYVlW86VKEJ o26eZ1oOuLOg 5UHmBwDjMrF0RfqBDWqKoV42fp6w M2L 8BgVf7LGUV3Z8jLvV4Uqw BMprvlU

Retrieved from Pinterest.

On the list of my favorite easy Halloween makeup looks, a spider web design is right at the top. Although it may look like it, it’s actually not difficult. When I first attempted this look, I struggled a bit, but the second eye turned out to be great. Match this makeup look with spiderweb tights, and you got yourself a beautiful and spooky look!

VAMPIRE

Retrieved from Pinterest.

As already mentioned, a vampire makeup look is just dark eyeshadow around your eye, red bloody lipstick, and a bloody bite on your neck (or wherever you want it). However… what if you decided to turn up to the party saying, “This is the skin of a killer, Bella”? It’s different, hilarious, and fast! There was a trend on TikTok where people would mix glitter to their foundation to make it shimmery. You can definitely do that and add as much glitter as you please to your eyes, cheekbones, etc. I’m sure you won’t need the colored eye contacts for people to know you’re a sexy (or cute) vampire!

BLOODY EYES

GaeMQ3LQdmRE7quQuGIhS5OlcUaqps3t2v4aXOUFeEIBP4vAWfX7hG 4xDC7NyJAN3B3lLCjaFj92E7cFYqF5d P6DPiAwv9ooxoRBy4RK4RKLuN7MOsJxbPmC5Ig0olzmQp5tmHXr ofemaI7sXnHo

Retrieved from Pinterest.

Alright, this may not be a specific Halloween costume, but it’s definitely a Halloween look. If other people can get a pass by throwing fake blood on their bodies and calling it a Halloween costume, then you can definitely do it and make it even better. For this look, there aren’t specific rules, tools, or products. You can even use a fork if you want! You can use different red eyeshadows to make the splashes, or even eyeliner, some black or burgundy eyeshadow to create shadows so it can look realistic, and you’re done!

BOO (Ghosts)

1wt5VeKjep5qBMZtWgVHzs87KnDxlF3N0hdaSgWR L319Zv0TrUBg3uQrj b6FJ5GAnAzNigPHpyzqqaQI42 9uBvNK36h0gulJIuhcQah4LMUTaWwhXB2OaCrBkuUegstrzImipONkOfFs4UtdKtqY

Retrieved from Pinterest.

I’m not going to lie to you, this one is a little bit trickier than the rest, but it’s because my pulse is not the best! This is why I love my water activated eyeliners because I can wet the same brush with water and it serves as an eraser. However, I think that cute ghosts on your eyelids are still easier than other Halloween looks. Just practice a bit and you’re good to go. You’ll surely receive a lot of compliments!

BAT

rMWRGNkKvOIOvwEMFqkl1RvuVPoTDXOYn0ypWzTKsyMpnxRLwbLQ4zSj

Retrieved from Pinterest.

Another easy eyelook is definitely bats. You’ll need a good black eyeliner for this one so you can be really precise. If you want, you can add more things like eyeshadow and glitter to make it more exciting! Here’s a tutorial you can follow.

FAIRY

84qIly3pIW2NfHVbd7uiL8hnR18D OB CJsR1EzhNk1GdU1X7W4XkYEsg98KUKyi0 FZdyoPdXHSn8kE9v7Aca

Retrieved from Pinterest.

Have you ever seen a fairy? Unfortunately, I haven’t and because of this, I don’t think there are any rules for what a fairy should look like. You can be a flower fairy, a light fairy, a dark fairy, a mushroom fairy… you get it. My point is that if you’re colorful enough with a pinch of glitter, that’s a fairy to me. You can make it as simple or as intricate as you want. If you’re in a hurry, just wear a dress with flowers, put on some colorful shimmery eyeshadow and you’re good to go.

WITCH

mj4DBQLEkSY2MwJZEdGwBfmNyOn2gsEFOgZRbOPTP5uqb6ZGTO

Retrieved from Pinterest.

I did this makeup look five Halloweens ago, and I took inspiration from The Mummy (2017). I liked the runes all over the mummy’s face and how dark her makeup was. TBH, the runes I drew were just rubbish, I just let my hand do its thing and drew random shapes that resembled them. Then a year ago, the costume I had in mind did not work and I had to improvise, but because I didn’t have time, I decided to wear dark clothes and do another witchy makeup look. This time, since I was in a rush, I didn’t even attempt the runes or anything, I just drew a half moon in the middle of my face, put some black eyeshadow blended with blueish eyeshadow around my eyes, put on some dark lipstick, and called it a day. If you haven’t figured it out by now, I tend to do everything in a rush because my time management sucks!

ANGEL/DEVIL

5ptollWkRkkSnvLebbHbgkkK

Retrieved from Pinterest.

You may be thinking, what a cliché. Well, clichés work for a reason! You can approach this makeup look in two different ways: you can be an angel, the devil, or you can be both! Although this is a cliché, I think it’s also a very fun one that can be as easy or as difficult as you want it to be. For the angel alternative, use light makeup, cool tone colors, and glitter. For the devil one, use dark colors, fake blood, or red eyeliner. This MUA shows you the perfect hack to create the horns. Let your true inner angel/devil come to play!

CLOWN

00JdccorXR498iR5zgsyc2vmkbzJeYwQoD 8RkFEniorz5 LJb6 y oLoFc115CNCdSiVxks6MuoGYgHx7qtLO 4tdJRWUevq1F7mubcm5u6 VBcN7O5qhNLa5Reuy40mdmt9W4SDpRJ2BLB7T5HGUg

Retrieved from Pinterest.

This is definitely the easiest out of the bunch. Grab a red eye shadow, draw two vertical lines straight in the middle of both of your eyes, elongate your lipstick, and that’s it. Like the others, if you still have time and you want to make it creepier, keep adding details like fake blood. Careful, you don’t want them to confuse you with Pennywise. Or you do… Either way works just fine!  

Here’s the Pinterest board full of creative makeup designs just for you (and for me when I’m rushing for an impromptu Halloween party). Know that the most important thing is to have fun and to let your creativity shine! Let yourself slay on that day. It’s Halloween, you can choose if that’s literally or not!

Nahiria I. Rivera Dieppa is a writer and social media co-director at Her Campus at UPR. Along with her co-director, she handles the planning, posting, and creation of all the content posted to socials associated with HC at UPR. Nahiria's preferred articles discuss life experiences she has found impactful as well as review books she enjoys. While she is double majoring in Creative Writing and Public Relations and Advertising at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras campus, any team she has been part of outside of Her Campus has been focused on PR and Advertising. She interned in BRAAVE Tribe Collab for the first half of 2023 where she participated in events such as Cumbre Afro 2023. Afterwards, she lent her skills at Infopáginas Media for a summer internship where she analyzed data from small and medium businesses. Nahiria's passion towards writing is directed at Her Campus articles because, in her spare time, she would rather read. Despite what the many physical books on her bookshelf might suggest, fanfiction is where her interest lies most often. Aside from reading, Nahiria loves listening to music (her entire BTS collection can testify), traveling, and spending quality time with friends.