This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

St. Patrick’s is just around the corner! We’re lucky enough that day is next Monday — and how awesome is it to start a Monday with a dose of luck? The Feast of Saint Patrick is celebrated annually on March 17, the date of the Saint’s death. He is the patron of Ireland, but the Irish aren’t the only ones that hold their pride high during these festivities: people all around the world take this full of joy. This doesn’t happen only in big cities with real people, but also on the internet and even on fictional books. Here’s a glimpse of the Irish Pride all over the place!

Do you remember the Quidditch World Cup in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire? Guess who won that Cup. 

For others, St. Patrick’s Day is just a mere excuse for booze. It’s quite famous having beer in Ireland in this festivity, but lets assume that the Irish aren’t the only ones honoring this tradition. 

Even cute animals get have their own fun at St. Patrick’s day. 

St. Patrick’s is also an excuse for the cutest and most appealing food I’ve ever seen in my life. 

This is the type of holiday that even those who don’t have Irish blood decide to celebrate, some way or another. Even if it’s with food, booze, anything else; it’s all up to you. Enjoy the day the best you can, believing in a little luck can always come in handy.

Sources: Google Search, Wikipedia and Tumblr. 

Hi there! My name is Karen Michelle Montes. I'm a Journalism and Geography major who aspires to become a meteorologist, fully bilingual in English and Spanish. I have a guilty pleasure with coffee, taking pictures of the food I make, Harry Potter and Twitter. Also, I collect shot glasses from every place I travel to. Follow me on Twitter: @kiwifeliz!