jakob owens WUmb eBrpjs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens WUmb eBrpjs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Social Media Queen: Aidy “Licenciada” Yanick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

If you spend time on social media platforms like Twitter or Vine, you’ll have probably heard of the Licenciada. This blonde bombshell is hilarious in that dark, sarcastic way. You’ve gotten to know a little bit about her through 140-character tidbits and tweets and 7 second videos she posts, but Her Campus will show you the other side of this cutie’s day-to-day life. This girl has so much character that we were able to capture her personality through a simple text message conversation. But underneath the comedic façade, she is a real sweetheart. Aidy spills all about her social media secrets, what’s on her Christmas list and her love for chicken nuggets!

Name: Aidy Yanick
Age: 20
Major: Public Relations and Advertising
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

HCUPR: If your friends were to describe you in one word, what would it be?
Aidy: Spontaneous.

HCUPR: When you’re not busy with college, how do you spend your free time?
Aidy: I love to go out with my friends, take road trips, cook and find new ways to create and make people laugh.

HCUPR: What’s your favorite signature dish to cook?
Aidy: Sweet and sour salmon with homemade mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. 

HCUPR: I know you’re a social media maven. How did you get started? 
Aidy: Well, it started out with my Twitter account. Not much later an app called Vine started up, so I decided to start doing some videos that where funny and relatable, and people started to follow. The key was to link both Twitter and Vine so there was the most possible interaction between me and the people who liked my sense of humor.

Aidy’s Social Media Accounts

Licenciada’s “October in the US vs. October in PR” Vine Video

HCUPR: How would you describe your ideal guy?
Aidy: Intellectual, creative, driven, dark sarcastic sense of humor, adventurous and MUST love travel.

HCUPR: What’s something you’re looking forward to in 2014?
Aidy: My semester in Spain, I love to travel and I think this is going to be a cultural overdose for me.

HCUPR: What’s your favorite part of Puerto Rican Christmas?
Aidy: Spending all day in pajamas with my grandparents, pigging out and watching the Don Francisco Christmas Apecial, I’ve done it since I can remember!

HCUPR: If Santa promised to get you ANYTHING you wanted this Christmas, what would you ask for?
Aidy: Adam Driver (from the TV show Girls) with a box of chicken nuggets… Oh God, YES! And a variety of dipping sauces.

HCUPR: Are you on Santa’s naughty or nice list?
Aidy: I’m not on his list…

HCUPR: How come?
Aidy: I’m on another list…

HCUPR: Which one? We’re so intrigued!
Aidy: That whom shall not me named.

As a side note, Aidy part-times as a model! Below is a picture of Miss Yanick modeling for Gatsby. You can see more of Aidy on Twitter, Vine or her fasion blog. If you see her walking around campus, feel free to say hello!

Alejandra Camille Ortiz is a twenty-year-old young woman double-majoring in Advertising and Marketing at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. She is a contributing writer for HerCampus.com.Alejandra is a social media buff that likes to keep herself up-to-date with all the new stuff on the internet. She doesn't have many worries aside from the feeling that life flying by far too fast for her taste. Her friends say she has constant nerd tendencies, is a multitasker from birth and is the go-to girl for problems that need solving.You can contact her by writing an email to alejandraortiz@hercampus.com.HCXO!
Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!