This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

An arbitrary name created by the Wu-Tang Clan’s Name Generator, yet, still known across the globe for its amazing songs like “Redbone,” that talks about the artist’s girlfriend for failing to give him the satisfaction he desperately craves for. The artist, Donald Glover, has decided to take off his “Childish Gambino” mask and continue his other passions such as acting, directing and producing.

“I stand by that,” Glover, 34, said yesterday at the Grammys. “I’m making another project right now. I like endings. I think they are important to progress.”

Despite his success on his 2016 “Awaken, My Love!” album and his five Grammy Award nominations, Donald Glover confirms that he still plans to retire his stage name. Rebecca Rubin, a journalist for Variety, wrote an article yesterday at the Grammys saying that Glover announced last June, during his performance at the Governors Ball Festival in NYC, that his upcoming album would be his last.

He continued, “I think, if a lot of things had death clauses in them, we wouldn’t have a lot of problems in the world, to be honest. I think endings are good because they force things to get better.”

Yesterday at the Grammys, he scored one win for best traditional R&B performance for “Redbone.”

He performed “Terrified,” along with 9-year-old J.D. McCrary during the 60th annual show. The two are starring in the 2019 live-action remake of “The Lion King”, where Glover is set to portray Simba and McCrary as young Simba. Apart from “The Lion King”, Glover will also star as the character Lando Calrissian in the new 2018 movie ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’.

Donald Glover, apart from being a well-renowned rapper, he is a writer, TV producer, entrepreneur, stand-up comedian, and actor. In 2006, just after she got his dramatic writing degree, Tina Fey hired Glover to join the writing staff on her NBC series 30 Rock at the age of 23. After three seasons, he decided to work as a TV actor and then decided to get the best of both worlds by developing and starring in Atlanta for FX.

We will all miss you Childish Gambino…

1 2 3 4 5 6

If you want to get a taste of his music, click here.  ;))

People call me Kat, I'm not sure why. I'm currently a freshman potato that loves Netflix series, rock music etcetera. My hair is basically a tamed Chewbacca on my head. I love reading books, making memes, just messing around with photoshop, and welp... life.