#ShopLocal: A Look at KM Crystals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

KM Crystals is a local Puerto Rican business created by the lovely Karibeth Santiago Franceschi. At 19, while majoring in Psychology at the University of Puerto Rico in Ponce, she has embarked on a journey of self-growth by creating personalized jewelry that will give your personal collection a special touch. As a customer (and a fan), I can guarantee that her pieces are to die for! Definitely a must have. We at HC at UPR got a chance to collaborate for our #GiveawayWeek and speak with the self-growth enthusiastic artist herself.

HCUPR: Why did you start your business?

“I started my business not only to create personalized jewelry, but also to share my love and passion for crystals and their healing properties. Not only are they beautiful, but [they] also [represent] connection to spirituality and self-growth. I wanted to share that experience with everyone.”

HCUPR: What has been the most enjoyable moment or thing about this experience?

“One of the most enjoyable and fulfilling experiences has been getting love from the clients and knowing they enjoy my art, and continue to support my business.”

HCUPR: Out of all your collections, what has been your favorite piece?

“Out of all my pieces it’s difficult to pick, but definitely making and wearing my rings is very special to me.”

HCUPR: Why do you think it’s important to support small businesses?

“I think when you support small businesses you’re helping someone’s dream come true, you’re buying unique art made with love and dedication and, mostly, shopping ethically.”

Karibeth is an inspiration to us all and she has shown us a picture that consumers usually don’t see. The person who fulfills the order packages it with love, and makes sure the customer is satisfied. This is why it’s important to shop local; you don’t have the hassle of just throwing something in your shopping cart and clicking buy. When you buy small, you know who you are helping and they get to know a little part of you. It’s a great feeling you get to experience when you buy from a Karibeth, or any other small business owner. And I can assure you, that by the end of the transaction, both the seller and the buyer will end up with a smile on their face. Plus, there’s just something so special about opening your order and seeing the lovely notes and details the sellers put in it!

Make sure to support Karibeth’s store on Instagram at @km.crystals. Also, you can enter our collaborative giveaway with her for a chance to win one of her pieces! Go to @hercampusupr on IG for the details!  

A sour patch kid raised in the small town of Villalba, Puerto Rico (she'll argue that she's from Ponce though). She's a total geek who takes everything one fandom at a time. Her major is Creative Writing.