School of Business Cutie: Ricky Irizarry!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Name: Ricardo IrizarryAge: 21Major: AccountingRelationship Status: Taken!Zodiac Sign: Piscis

HCUPR: How would you describe yourself in three words?Ricky: Optimist, hard-working, over-achiever

HCUPR: If you were a car, what car would you be?Ricky: A 2002 Acura NSX.

HCUPR: If you could give your younger self a piece of advice, what would it be?Ricky: Stop trying to make money, you still have many years of your life to enjoy before you really need money.

HCUPR: If you could fast-forward five years to your perfect life, what would a snapshot of it be like?Ricky: In all reality, I’d probably live with my girlfriend about two minutes away from my small business. She’d make me coffee (black with one Splenda), a six egg-white omelet and oatmeal for breakfast. My gym bag would be ready to go — that’s my time for fun and meditation — and then I’d take on the day, managing my business and enjoying the little things in life.

HCUPR: When you’re not studying or working, how do you like to spend your time?Ricky: I like to stay in shape; I was a bit on the chubby side during high school, and I found a special place in my heart for fitness. I love running and bodybuilding, but not because of the results. I can clear my mind and just get away from all my problems. I enjoy going to the beach whenever I can find the timem, and on weekends I usually go out and have conversations like a gentleman (with a Johnny Walker on the rocks in my hand, ha ha!). But, really, what I love to do most is spend time with my girlfriend and annoy her as much as I can. I do it because I love her!

HCUPR: What’s something not many people know about you?Ricky: I have a change of clothes for every occasion in the trunk of my car: for the gym, for work, for class, for a second job, for going out and even for sleeping!

HCUPR: IUPI does it better because…Ricky: We have the best professors!

Alejandra Camille Ortiz is a twenty-year-old young woman double-majoring in Advertising and Marketing at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. She is a contributing writer for HerCampus.com.Alejandra is a social media buff that likes to keep herself up-to-date with all the new stuff on the internet. She doesn't have many worries aside from the feeling that life flying by far too fast for her taste. Her friends say she has constant nerd tendencies, is a multitasker from birth and is the go-to girl for problems that need solving.You can contact her by writing an email to alejandraortiz@hercampus.com.HCXO!