This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

We all love the return of the springtime for different reasons. Some love it for Spring Break, others for the blossoming of nature and life. For fashion lovers like myself it’s the arrival of the most waited event-week of the year: San Juan Moda. This is the event that will determine the trends, colors and styles for the late seasons, Fall and Winter.

Last week we were blessed with attires by designers like Hernan Nadal, Lizet Miró, Lisa Thon, Osvaldo Morales, among others. Adding my favorite three runways, we start off with the beautiful Lizet Miró, who opened up with her Birds from Paradise collection.

From black and whites to bright colors, Lizet Miró sure wowed us with her collection. Taking a variety of styles, Miró wasn’t scared of mixing blazing colors with dark tones, considering it’ll be the lastest – therefore the darkest – seasons of the year.

The second Collection to walk the runway was TAKE ME TO CHURCH by Javier Arnaldo, giving the audience a closer peek to the base of his religion: fashion.

Javier Arnaldo went all bold! With his religious thematic, he provided us full colors and fine patterns for the upcoming seasons. Adding pieces of the clerical attire, Arnaldo’s collection was spiritually beautiful.

Osvaldo Morales wowed us with his collection Crem de la Crema, inspired by real women of all shapes. These women were fierceful and amazing down the runway!

There beautiful women were so confident down the runway, it gave the audience chills – at least I got them. Focusing on dark colors with sequences, and daring reds, Osvaldo stunned us all. Flowy clothing and capes are set to take over this Fall.  

The night ended with a catwalk by the beautiful Cynthia Olavarría, whom this year’s edition of SJM is dedicated to. After a few beautiful words in thankfulness, she did her thing: conquered the runway.

What’s beautiful about these runways collective is the inclusion of models of various skin tones, ages and weights. The intermixture of styles, colors and forthcoming trends! Make sure to check out this designers and the rest to always be in style and in season!