Ridiculously Priced Makeup Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Have you ever found yourself roaming through the aisles at Sephora, Walgreens and/or CVS and thinking: “Wow! That’s expensive!”? I know that I have! Most of the times I go into these stores looking for something specific, but then leave empty handed. Some of us aren’t asking for $5 products and amazingly good quality, but we are looking for reasonable prices.

I love watching YouTube videos and I know some of you do, too. While roaming my subscriptions, I find myself watching videos from makeup artists and or beauty gurus. Therefore, it’s safe to say I’ve heard them talk about expensive makeup products. However, I have noticed some of these prices are just ridiculous. I admit some of these products come from high-end, luxury brands and that explains the prices, but I want to focus on how some people do purchase these products so imagine that!

1. Tom Ford: The Ultimate Bronzer –  I recently saw this product in this Sylvia Gani video and, at first, I honestly thought it was going to be $55-$65, but I was in for a shock. This product actually retails for $110 and for Sylvia, who is Canadian, this product is $137. It’s…just…a…bronzer! What do you think of this product and its price? Have you ever tried it?

2. SkinCeuticals Vitamin C Serum – Women are always on the lookout for a serum, cream or vitamin that will help us delay the aging process. There’s no shame in that! But…paying $165 for 1 oz of it? It better make me look 20 when I celebrate my 70th birthday, please. 

Check out  these other tremendously priced beauty products:

1. Skin Caviar Concealer + Foundation  ($225.00)

2. Yves Saint Laurent ‘Paris’ Couture Variation Ten-Color Expert Eye Palette ($95.00) 

3. Yves Saint Laurent Or Rouge Fluid ($310.00) 

4. Rouge Louboutin Nail Polish ($50.00)

I understand these products are beautiful and a lot of work goes into creating them, but these prices make people cry.

Do you know any other ridiculously priced beauty products? Let us know by tweeting us photos of those products at @HerCampusUPR!

Double Major Student in Human Resources and Marketing Management. She loves Social Networks, Netflix and spending time with books once in a while. She is the oldest of three children therefore she is very responsible, humble and driven. On her spare time she manages to find time to talk to a camera over at her Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/AshleyMarie9521. She wants to change the world, doesn't know how yet but she wants to. "Live like you're at the bottom, even if you're at the top."