This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

A night out may seem “fun” for some people but for introverts it’s another story. As an introvert myself, I tend to prefer alone time with Netflix or a good book. However, we have to face reality and accept that if we want friends, we have to go out.

It’s time to socialize so then we can go back to our cozy bed and appreciate the alone time. 

1- The Eternal Debate with Friends

Should I or should I not go? Every introvert has had that debate with their friends. We often modify the truth and create excuses to not go out. But we have to accept that eventually, we should. 

2- Please don’t notice me. I don’t want to say hi.

The moment you turn into the best spy ever. No one will see an introvert if they don’t want to(which is always).  But there’s always that moment when someone notices you, comes to say hi and starts the painfully awkward conversation we always try to avoid.

3- How can I stop the conversation without being rude?

Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy! but I don’t like you, so don’t call me baby.

4- Chill at the bar

All of us have thought that if we leave the group and chill at the bar, no one will talk to us. Alcohol+BRF= Perfect people avoider.  Or so we think. 

5- I hate small talk, but you are cute

Introverts hate small talk. We usually prefer long and profound conversations where we can express our thoughts. But we have to suffer the small talk if we want to meet the “Zac Efron” of the bar. 

6- How do they know everyone?

We always have that extrovert friend who know everyone.  Literally. You start thinking if you should just go or stay there like a grinning statue. 

7- Can I leave?

So, I’ve been here for 10 minutes. I think its enough. No one will know I left.

8- I completed my quota for a year

That moment when you arrive to your Home Sweet Home and think that you will never leave your bed ever again.  But deep inside you know that your friends will never let you. 

Veronica is currently a student in the University of Puerto Rico Río Piedras Campus. She is double majoring in Accounting and Political Science. Veronica loves to read, cook, travel and learn about new cultures.