Movie Monday: Drop EVERYTHING & Watch A Star Is Born RN!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

In October of last year, everyone was talking about the musical romance film A Star Is Born, starring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper. Not only did Bradley Cooper star in the film, but he also wrote the screenplay and directed the film. This means that it’s his debut film. This film is a remake of the 1937 film, which had already been remade in 1957 (starring Judy Garland and James Mason) and in 1976 (starring Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson).

A post shared by A Star Is Born (@starisbornmovie) on

The film’s plot centers around Jackson Maine, an alcoholic country musician (played by Bradley Cooper) who falls in love with a singer and actress named Ally (played by Lady Gaga) and helps her find fame. A Star Is Born has already received many positive reviews, recognition, and praise for the outstanding music and Cooper and Gaga’s performances.

After the release of the full song titled “Shallow“, fans are in love with the full soundtrack of the film. I find it absolutely heartwrenching. The music speaks volumes of the singers’ talents, and you can catch the amazing chemistry Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper had!

“Why should I watch the movie?” you may ask. The film is a beautiful masterpiece, both in acting and through the musical aspects of the film. Both Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga’s voices are powerful and amazing! They truly make a great duo. For Bradley Cooper’s first film as a director, he surely did an amazing job. The film was even nominated for a few Oscars: Best Actress, Best Actor, Best Supporting Actor, 
Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Picture, Best Cinematography, and Best Sound Mixing.

The film was released on October 4. For those who haven’t even seen the trailer, take a look!

Farah Torres is a student at the University of Puerto Rico- Rio Piedras campus, who enjoys spending time with friends and family, listening to music, watching movies and TV shows, and often procrastinates (which is a real problem).
Antoinette Luna is a Performance Studies and Comparative Literature major at the UPR. Her passions include writing, reading, and anything crafty. She loves to sew, write, and make things from scratch. DIY is the name of her game. Around campus, she is known as a bubbly young woman who goes by just Luna. Her future goals include traveling, traveling, and more traveling. Outspoken transfeminist, and wannabe activist, she's out to set fires.