This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Ten years and 22 movies later, the MCU has concluded the now called Infinity Saga.

This means that all of the original Avengers, the ones we’ve met and gotten to know since the first Iron Man movie in 2008, will no longer have their own films. The MCU will introduce a new generation of Avengers.

Yes, it’s sad, but it’s also historic.

Avengers: Endgame has been highly anticipated since it was announced in 2015, and gained an even bigger hype after the ending of Avengers: Infinity War: when Thanos wiped away half of the Avengers and half of all living things of the entire universe.

It was a grueling year-long wait for this movie. Fans knew little about the upcoming Avengers: Endgame because there wasn’t much shown in the trailers. Filming, plot and more were kept under wraps. The entire movie was going to be a huge surprise for every excited fan. Even Tom Holland, a.k.a Spiderman wasn’t given the full script. Even then, as it tends to happen with movies that are very hyped up, there’s always that voice in the back of your mind telling you that the movie might not even be that good.

That little voice was so wrong. Let me tell you, Avengers: Endgame is three hours full of epicness. It’s everything you want in a Marvel movie.

It surpassed everything Marvel has ever done before. The ambitious project, 10 years in the making, was an epic fusion of every single movie that preceded it. You’ll get to see every character that you’ve gotten to know in the past 22 movies. You’ll fully appreciate this movie even more if you have seen everything and anything that involves the MCU. It’s a movie that’s made for the fans, and while some people might think that that’s bad because since it would be fan service, maybe the movie will lose track of what it’s supposed to be for the sake of pleasing the fans.  I think it’s a good thing because movies are supposed to make people happy, but still, not everyone is going to be happy. That’s exactly what this movie did.

This film takes place after The Snap. In other words, the moment when Thanos collected all of the infinity stones and turned half the Avengers and half the universe into dust. Those who survived must unite once more. They have to find a way to undo what Thanos did and defeat him once and for all.

Whatever it takes.

However, since it’s the last movie in the Infinity Saga and it was confirmed that the six original Avengers’ (Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, and Jeremy Renner) contracts have expired. Between the victims of Thanos’ snap and Infinity War, it wasn’t a guarantee that they would survive the film. In other words, there was a high likelihood that the actors who finished their contracts meant that at least one of them was going to die. I tried my best to be prepared for the heartbreak, but it more than I expected.

It was definitely worse than Infinity War so be prepared for that.

This historic movie is something that needs to be experienced in the cinema. This is a spoiler-free review so I’ll talk about the art of the movie, not the events of the plot. The visual effects were stunning, the acting was great, the music was great; everything was great. I thought that the fact that there so many characters in this movie we’re going to be overwhelming and that some of them might not have their moment, I was wrong. Every character had their moment, even though some of the scenes were short. Each character was given a spotlight. Every scene felt essential to the film.

Despite the film being 3 hours long, it doesn’t feel dense or like it’s being dragged out. There wasn’t a lot of exposition to the main plot. The movie flowed very nicely and had good pacing. Even if the first and second act isn’t exciting for you, the third act is worth everything (I’m still reeling from it!). The third act is without a doubt, the best act ever done in the 22 MCU movies. It’s a poetic cinema. My heart was full and heartbroken by the time I exited the theatre, clutching my Avengers: Endgame cup (with a Captain Marvel topper), in awe of what I had just seen, sad because of what had happened. A bittersweet feeling overcame me because I’ve been a fan of the MCU since it first began and I’ve seen the films with friends and family, so saying goodbye to these characters was emotional for sure. Still, I am happy with how it concluded and everything in between. It wasn’t a perfect movie, but it delivered and it’s what I wanted it to be.

Since every person deserves to experience this movie, this review is purposely short so we can avoid spoilers. Everyone deserves to enjoy this without their experience being ruined by spoilers.

If you haven’t seen it already, please do so and avoid spoilers, and if you have seen it and are planning on spoiling people, I hope Thanos gets you.

Rating: 5/5

Gabriela is currently an English Major at the University of Puerto Rico. When she isn't reading fantasy books, she can be found writing them. She is a Vegetarian Hufflepuff that loves zombie fiction, an irony in itself. An aspiring filmmaker, she one day dreams of winning an Oscar for her films.