Movie Monday: American Pie presents Band Camp

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

American Pie has 8 movies, but you don’t need to watch the first 3 to understand movies 4 through 7.  Band Camp follows the story of Steve Stiffler’s little brother, Matt, as he goes through his high school years. The pressure to follow in his brother’s footsteps, surpassing his brothers antics by poisoning the school band and eventually attending band camp in order for him to connect with the band, and re-meeting his former best friend, Elise.

As Matt spends more time with the band, he becomes more human, an individual with more empathy. Tad Hilgenbrinck portrays a much more humane version of what it is to be Stiffler, or at least one that changes for the better as he falls in love with the female protagonist. As a fun warm feeling to those who watched Disney Channel we have Jason Earles portraying a character that Matt often refers to a Dr. Robot.

Even though the movie was filmed in 2005, it’s still relevant. You can re-watch it and laugh every single time.

When to watch it?

Anytime, preferably with friends who enjoy raunchy comedies.

Recommendation:

Even though you don’t need to see the first 3 movies, you should watch them anyway. It helps to understand the Stiffler background and a special surprise in the movie.

Rating:

Nahir Robles was a former member of the Her Campus at UPR chapter from 2013 until 2018. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Integrative Biology. Some of her interests include writing, modeling, and wrestling. She is currently a Her Campus Mentor and works as a Pathology Assistant.