This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. It’s time to get in the romantic mood with some cheesy content. A romantic movie marathon is one of the easiest and best dates. You get to chill out. You don’t have to dress up unless you really want to. Grab a bottle of wine, some popcorn and snuggle up to your boo! If your relationship didn’t make it past cuffing season, you can spend time with friends without spending money–minus that bottle of wine–or face a place full of people. And hey! It’s also a good way to spend time by yourself and a bucket of ice cream!

The Notebook

The Notebook is one of the true classics of romantic movies. It’s a love story that survives through class, time and illness. It has iconic scenes like those that have been memefied, romantic ones and heartbreaking ones. Be ready to cry. Have those tissues nearby and that glass of wine! 

One Day

Follow the story of Emma and Dexter through the journey of their lives. This swoon-worthy couple sees each other once a year on the anniversary of the day they met. Every good love story has ups and downs, but these protagonists never get a break. Will they ever be together? Full of crashing plot twists and not-the-right-moment, this movie will take you for a spin!

Love, Rosie

Friends-to-lovers is the best romantic trope ever… But only if you take the right step to cross the line. No matter how much they try, Alex and Rosie’s life seems to always get in the way. Things happen, circumstances get in the way, and a relationship that might seem simple can get complicated. Will Rosie and Alex ever be happy together?

To All the Boys I Loved Before

Fake relationships turned real? Where can I sign up? This trope will never get old. Two years ago, this amazing movie came out and everyone was talking about it. It made everyone wish that they had written letters to all the people they loved. With its sequel, P.S. I Still Love You, coming out on February 12, this movie is worth finally getting around to watch.

Love, Simon

This movie is based on the book Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. Some fans were happy about the movie adaptation, others not so much. As someone who read one and watched the other, I can say that they’re both so good. It’s one of those soft cute movies that make your heart flutter. It has just enough drama to keep you hooked but it’s a beautiful ending nonetheless. Simons’ coming out might not be what he was planning, but at least he gets the boy and the happy ending!

10 Things I Hate About You

Another classic! What’s better than a 90’s romance movie, am I right? Between Kat’s shading and making people cry and Patrick’s “bad boy” vibes, the movie is so fun to watch. It’s full of strong personalities and romance. I bet you can’t name 10 things you hate about this movie though!

A Walk to Remember

If you want to watch a movie that will make you cry your eyes out, this is the one. It’s such a good movie with an even better love story, but it’s also incredibly heartbreaking. Sometimes love hurts, but it’s completely worth it: just like watching this movie. So get at least three tissue boxes and be prepared to hurt, but also to love.

Valentine’s is the day for love, and what thing is better to love than movies? Call your Significant Other, call your friends and pick your favorite movie (or just watch all of them)! I hope you have a great Valentine’s Day!

Alana is currently in her fifth year, studying Comparative Literature in the UPR Río Piedras Campus. She loves books, superheroes and mythology. Will sing any song that she knows (even if she can't sing to save her life) and is always tired. She dreams with someday writing a book.