Meet HerCampus Contributor: Ana Quesada

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

This week’s campus profile is someone I have been getting fond of for the past few months. Just 18 years old, Ana is quite the person you should look for. You might think she’s all innocent, but she’ll surprise you with how much knowledge she has on life. Yet, she preserves the perkiness of her delightful young age. She’s a current member of the Her Campus team, and since many of you want to know the story behind our writers, we’re here to show you what this girl’s all about. Meet Ana Quesada.

Name: Ana Liz Quesada

Age: 18

Major: Human Resources

Classification: Freshman

Relationship Status: Single

Hometown: San Juan

1.   HCUPR: Tell us about yourself:

I am very passionate about the sea, boats, fishing, etc. Basically anything that has to do with maritime. I am very social, I like to go out with my friends anywhere from brava to a girls night in watching movies. I adore wine, i can spend an infinite amount of time talking about it. I also found out not long ago that I have a resting bitch face too. If you or someone else sees me looking all frowny and bitchy that’s just my natural resting face.

2.  HCUPR: Who inspires you and why?

My mom is the one that inspires me. After a difficult situation that we surpassed she showed me how to be strong and keep my head up high even though everything around us was falling apart.

3.  HCUPR: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

In 10 years I see myself married, being a successful lawyer and accountant (yes, I plan on doing a double major with accounting). Owning my own boat and cruising the caribbean sea almost every weekend with my future hubby.

4. HCUPR: What are your plans with your major?

I really plan on doing second major in accounting. Right now I’m studying Human Resources which I love but I also love accounting and proceed with law. My plan is to become a lawyer and a CPA.

5. HCUPR: You were doing an internship at IMAGEN, how was that experience?  

Working at IMAGEN has opened a lot of doors and changed my perspective on everything. I specifically work on the fashion editorials and it has really opened my eyes. I see the fashion world from a very different angle, but also the administrative part. It’s not that easy, it’s a very challenging job but it’s also a very interesting job that no every person can do.

6.  HCUPR: Favorite quote and why?

My favorite quote is “Fais de ta vie un rêve, et d’un rêve une reálité” which translates to “make of your life a dream and a dream a reality.” It’s my favorite quote so far because all of our achievements were once dreams, but when it reaches reality it’s such a pleasurable feeling and it motivates me to achieve my goals.

7.  HCUPR: What motivated you to write at Her Campus?

I read Her Campus since i started high school, and I’ve always loved to write. So when I got to Rio Piedras I just had to become part of Her Campus. It’s amazing and so is the Her Campus team.

8.  HCUPR: How can Her Campus be applied to your major and your life?

Her Campus can be applied in what I’m currently studying in the social sense, because Human Resources has a lot to do with having 24/7 interaction with people, especially if one is recruiting.

9.  HCUPR: If you could do something without getting caught, what would it be?

If I could do something without getting caught it would be escaping my house and my mom not ever noticing. In the past, I’ve done it but somehow my mom always found out.

10. HCUPR: Ideal date and partner:

A perfect ideal date for me would be just the two us sitting relaxed at the front of the boat sipping wine and just watching the sunset. But a nice dinner at home can work as well. My ideal partner is someone who is energetic, like sports, especially fishing, has to love the water and having a boat, also nice, humble, sweet, funny, silly, etc.

11. HCUPR: Describe yourself in 3 words:

I would describe myself as sociable, organized, and ambitious. 

Nahir Robles was a former member of the Her Campus at UPR chapter from 2013 until 2018. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Integrative Biology. Some of her interests include writing, modeling, and wrestling. She is currently a Her Campus Mentor and works as a Pathology Assistant.