Meet Halloween Edition Cuties: MINIONS!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Cutie #1

Name: Isabel Cristina Luciano 

Age: 22 

Major: Marketing and Human Resources 

Accomplishments: Public Relations Director of SHRM and Human Resources Analyst at Nielsen Puerto Rico.

1. HCUPR: Why did you decide to combine marketing with human resources?

Isabel: Well, I used to work in a store and back then I was the head of sales and management. There I became drawn to learn more about marketing and then later on I became more interested in learning what was human resources all about. Since I had to go through hiring process when selecting new candidates for a position, I realized that human resources was a field that I wanted to get into. 

2. HCUPR: What are your plans for your future?

Isabel: I graduate in May and after that I plan to stay working for five years to get more experience and later on do a master’s degree in industrial psychology. When another opportunity presents itself then I will be able to know what will my next move be.

3. HCUPR: What’s your favorite color?

Isabel: Orange

4. HCUPR: Describe yourself in three words.

Isabel: Creative, collaborative and a self-starter.

5. HCUPR: How would you describe your friends in one word?

Isabel: They are both really caring.

Cutie #2

Name: Jenifer Espinal

Age: 21

Major: Finance and Management

Accomplishments: Be a University of Puerto Rico student

Jenifer, Mónica and Isabel won third place at the Her Campus UPR Halloween Costume Contest last Thursday @ HallowScream Pink Carpet Event

1. Tell me something that people wouldn’t know by just looking at you.

Jenifer: I was born in the Dominican Republic and I’m a cosmetologist (jeni.licelot@gmail.com for info).

2. HCUPR: What do you like most about your friends?

Jenifer: That we make the perfect combination because we complement each other really well.

3. HCUPR: What’s your favorite color?

Jenifer: Purple

4. HCUPR: Single or in a relationship?

Jenifer: Single!

5. HCUPR: What’s the quality that you value most in a guy?

Jenifer: His personality…

Cutie #3

Name: Mónica Gutiérrez

Age: 23

Accomplishments: Graduate this December!

1. HCUPR: Tell me something you despise about your personality.

Mónica: I don’t like confrontation. 

2. HCUPR: Tell me something you do like about your personality.

Mónica: I am very spontaneous and open-minded.  

3. HCUPR: Single or in a relationship?

Mónica: I have a boyfriend. He’s overseas…

4. HCUPR: What’s your favorite nail polish brand? 

Mónica: Essie.

5. HCUPR: Tell me something people wouldn’t know about you.

Mónica: I was born in New Jersey, and I have lived in Chicago, Madrid, Roma, San Juan, Miami, Buenos Aires, Mexico D.F., Washington, D.C. and my next stop is New York City!

* HCUPR: Making of Minions Costume?

Isabel, Jenifer and Mónica: The costume had everything from everywhere. We went to Teatrocentro, Capri, Party City, Forever 21, La Gran Vía and Jeans.com.  It was a yellow cami, tights, suspenders, blue tutu, beenie, lupa eyes and makeup. It took 24 hours to pull the whole costume off! Quite the challenge…but we were surprised that we won! 

*Photo Courtesy:

Diego Chamorro

Facebook.com

Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!