Meet the Fab Miss D!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Dorayma (or Dory, as her friends call her) is an all-around sweetheart. Her soft voice and timid personality will be sure to charm you; but as soon as this gorgeous dark-skinned girl steps in front of the camera, you’ll be nothing short of head-over-heels in love with her. One fierce look from this Hispanic-Studies Major’s big, brown doe eyes will send you spinning! Read on to find out some of the secrets that Dorayma’s shy heart holds dearly. 

Name: Dorayma MercadoAge: 21Major: Hispanic StudiesStatus: Single

Zodiac Sign: LibraFavorite Book: Fe en disfraz, by Mayra Santos-FebresFavorite Movie: Constantine

HCUPR: Describe yourself in one word.Dorayma: Shy.

HCUPR: What is something people don’t know about you?Dorayma: Let me think about that one… OH! I love to eat, ha ha! I love Puerto Rican and Italian food — especially pasta!

HCUPR: What is your biggest passion?Dorayma: Modeling! I really love art and expressing myself through it. I see modeling as an art form. I also love literary creation: I write short stories and poetry, and recently I’ve gotten interested in screenplays. 

HCUPR: How do you define beauty?Dorayma: Beauty is very diverse! Everybody sees beauty in a different way. For me, beauty is exotic and rare; beauty is something out of the ordinary.

HCUPR: Who is your role model, and how does he or she inspire you?Dorayma: My mom! Her strength, courage and persverance make her a fighter. I love her, and have no idea what I would do without her.

HCUPR: In the words of Robert Schuller, what would you do if you knew you could not fail?Dorayma: I would do many things! But if I had to choose one, I think I would choose to pursue a career as a model.

HCUPR: What piece of advice would you give a younger version of yourself?Dorayma: I would tell her to take advantage of every single moment and to not let herself be influenced by other people’s opinions; I would also encourage her to make her own decisions.

HCUPR: Describe your ideal man.Dorayma: My ideal man is honest, respectful; he has good values and a very interesting take on life.

HCUPR: If you ran into Cupid, what would you tell him?Dorayma: Ha ha, I have nothing to say to him! I would probably just ignore him.

Alejandra Camille Ortiz is a twenty-year-old young woman double-majoring in Advertising and Marketing at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. She is a contributing writer for HerCampus.com.Alejandra is a social media buff that likes to keep herself up-to-date with all the new stuff on the internet. She doesn't have many worries aside from the feeling that life flying by far too fast for her taste. Her friends say she has constant nerd tendencies, is a multitasker from birth and is the go-to girl for problems that need solving.You can contact her by writing an email to alejandraortiz@hercampus.com.HCXO!