sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Name: Patricia Sanz

Hometown: Rio Piedras, PR

Major: History

Relationship Status: Single

1. Why did you decide to study History?

The main thing about history that has always fascinated me is the ability it has of transporting me to places and times so distant from my normal day-to-day life; situations hard to believe actually occurred. I guess it’s that “magical” aspect of it that awoke my interest in history. 

1. What do you like to do for fun?

Read and watch Netflix, but mainly do pretty much anything that involves my small-knitted group of friends.

1. What do you see yourself doing in 5 years?

I’d love to have an internship with National Geographic. If that’s not possible, I’d be content with any opportunity that involves traveling as much as possible.

1. What is something not many people know about you?

I cried that one time I saw Johnny Depp.

1. What is something that really gets you angry?

Alarm clocks. I’m definitely not a morning person. 

1. What are you afraid of?

Birds, all birds. It’s the flapping of the wings, freaks me out! The worst are chickens and ostriches, bad experiences.

1. What is your favorite memory?

I’d have to say my first time in a ballet recital. That feeling of being up on stage for the first time was amazing! Definitely something I miss.

1. What is your favorite word and why?

Flabbergasted! The initial surprise or amazement of something; it’s the reaction I look for in everything for the sole purpose of avoiding monotony. Plus, it’s just a fun word to say!

1. If you could trade places with anyone for one day, who would you choose and why?

Morgan Freeman. I would do nothing, but sweet talk myself all day.

1. What is your favorite thing about yourself? Why?

I guess it would be my positivity. I’ve always tried to look at the good things in situations and though it’s somewhat hard, it’s helped through rough times.

1. Describe yourself in 3 words.

Hyper, easy-going and curious.

*Photo Courtesy:

Patricia’s Facebook Page

Personal style blogger who loves black and white... And poetry.
Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!