Meet Cutie José Figueroa!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Name: José Angel Figueroa Salgado
Age: 20
Major: Public Relations and Advertising
Classification: Junior
Relationship Status: Single

Nickname: Gongui, Angelo
Signature Look: Long hair

HCUPR: Describe yourself in three words.
José: Ambitious, loyal and analytical.

HCUPR: What’s it like to be playing in the band “La Otra Media”?
José: It’s great, it’s something that’s just starting out and we do it for kicks, but it’s still fun to play for people.

HCUPR: What are your aspirations for the future?
José: I’d like to become a well-known musician, and travel the world, meet people and learn from them. I want to get as much as I can from life.

HCUPR: What is your greatest virtue and your biggest flaw?
José: My greatest virtue would have to be ambition, I always aspire for more. My defect? Perfectionism. It restrains me sometimes.

HCUPR: What is your favorite quote? Why?
José: Socrates once said: “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training… What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” I’m fascinated by the beauty in everything. I used to work out a lot (I quit and am trying to get back to the gym) and, well, the quote is about reaching your maximum potential. Physical training involves great mental strain and requires you surpass your limits.

HCUPR: What would your ideal girl and date be like?
José: I love a girl that can be both laid-back, but fun and adventurous at the same time, a girl who can go skydiving one day or just chill at home all day on a rainy day. She’s someone I can be comfortable around. It doesn’t matter if she’s athletic, or nerdy, or a musician… just as long as she’s fun. Our dates would be relax during the day (movies or whatever); and partying hard at night!

Nahir Robles was a former member of the Her Campus at UPR chapter from 2013 until 2018. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Integrative Biology. Some of her interests include writing, modeling, and wrestling. She is currently a Her Campus Mentor and works as a Pathology Assistant.
Alejandra Camille Ortiz is a twenty-year-old young woman double-majoring in Advertising and Marketing at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. She is a contributing writer for HerCampus.com.Alejandra is a social media buff that likes to keep herself up-to-date with all the new stuff on the internet. She doesn't have many worries aside from the feeling that life flying by far too fast for her taste. Her friends say she has constant nerd tendencies, is a multitasker from birth and is the go-to girl for problems that need solving.You can contact her by writing an email to alejandraortiz@hercampus.com.HCXO!